1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 22nd April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

USA - Mayo clinic

Discussion in 'USA clinics and doctors' started by Sly Saint, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Very odd that they're citing the SMILE trial. It would be good to find out why6 they think that supports their approach to CFS.

WillowJ, Rick Sanchez, Inara and 2 others like this.
  2. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member (Voting Rights)

3. petrichor

petrichor Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Mayo is one of the sources that Google uses for the information, but it would be Google that provides the image.

4. Webdog

Webdog Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Apologies for off-topic, but it is interesting to look at how Google portrays various diseases.

mecomparesm.jpg

ahimsa, Keebird, Forbin and 14 others like this.
  5. Inara

Inara Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I like Joseph Stashko's posts - what a laugh! And he's so right: That picture is hilarious! I always laugh when I see that guy with the burger.

But in earnest, that's the problem! Although, I'm honest, that's what I look like often when I'm outside of the house. My head feels so heavy and it is like it's too exhausting to hold it, so I support it with my hands. Also I feel tired and exhausted (even if that is not the worst symptom) and I doze in public.

Still, that the CFS picture provokes laughing as a first reaction says it all. (To be fair, the fibro picture doesn't look so much better, although I confess I didn't laugh.)

Pechius likes this.
  6. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

There's something about the style of those pictures that makes me think Ladybird books from the 1950's.

7. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Like this?? ;)
    index.jpg

Keebird, Forbin, janice and 11 others like this.
  8. Sean

Sean Moderator Staff Member

I like the way your mind works. :D

---------------------

Just want to highlight this work by Tom and Bob. It is very important.

9. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thank you :)

Sean likes this.
  10. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I assume they have a procedure in place already which they are quite attached to. It would be interesting to get a copy of it
    A better procedure would be what tests should be run to rule out other diseases and best practices currently in ME/CFS treatment. This would ensure profit to them and get better treatment for patients.
    On a tangent I wonder if this already exists and we could improve it if necessary and disseminate it for use by doctors or for patients to bring to their doctors?
    If it doesn't exist we could collectively create it.

adambeyoncelowe likes this.
  11. TiredSam

TiredSam Committee Member

I tried allergy shots for 2 years and they did nothing for me. At no time did anyone suggest that it was because I wasn't trying hard enough or doing it properly. I was also not threatened with financial penalties or being locked up. It just didn't work, but nobody appeared to take it as a personal affront or start calling me names.

It's got one character too many:

upload_2018-8-7_18-35-30.png

That guy in the middle. Not only is he mocking the two women for only having a salad, but he's pinched their dressing and is eating it as a starter just to taunt them. The woman on his left isn't exhausted, she's just bored shitless with his puerile antics.

12. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

I expect it's because it shows that you can throw just about any treatment at people with ME/CFS that encourages them to get over themselves - and they get better. Therefore, ME/CFS is just about dysfunctional beliefs and behaviours. Therefore it can be fixed with CBT and GET. So, yes, the Lightning Process treatment is laughable but the conclusion its apparent success leads people to is far from it.

@dave30th, did you see the thread about a recent study that reviewed all pre-2016 papers on school functioning (mainly school attendance) in children with ME/CFS? The study slammed all of these past studies as unreliable.

Crawley's SMILE trial of course had the same problems.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    inox, ukxmrv, Indigophoton and 10 others like this.
  13. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member (Voting Rights)

14. Luther Blissett

Luther Blissett Senior Member (Voting Rights)

[​IMG]

He's actually enjoying Mayo. The woman on his left is tired of his enjoying Mayo and associated bullshit. The woman on his right is pretending to enjoy being the token minority that is only there so that the diversity box can be ticked. She knows her appearing is also bullshit by the fact that the man in actually looking at her, yet whoever composed the picture cares so little about her that they have sliced a quarter of her face off. We can tell that she is not deemed as worthy as all the others as the picture could easily have been cropped giving her a whole face and not having so much background on the right edge.

Keebird, Forbin, dreampop and 18 others like this.
  15. Daisybell

Daisybell Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think the woman on the left has got vinaigrette....hence he’s scoffing at her for not preferring mayo...

16. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

17. arewenearlythereyet

arewenearlythereyet Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think the smile is put on ...if you look at the guys eyes he looks sad....possibly wants to scream out ...”someone laugh to my great joke about dressings...I’m really a great guy”

personally I think he has a few issues ..not least being his obsession with trying to colour coordinate his t-shirts with restaurant wall paper

Unfortunately both ladies know the joke already since they have heard it so many times ...it’s a habit... like him always ordering the same burger with extra tomato so he can make the joke each time.

Why did the tomato turn red? Yeah yeah it’s old now. Zzzzz

18. dave30th

dave30th Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Barry, Luther Blissett, Inara and 5 others like this.
  19. Forbin

Forbin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

You get a different image when you search for ME or CFS on Bing.

[​IMG]

MeSci, Luther Blissett and Inara like this.
  20. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Well lets all go to Dr Bing then, 'cos he's got it sussed! "The diagnosis involves several tests to identify the underlying cause". And all this time the rest of the world has still been trying to find the answers.

Edit: In case anyone thinks I've completely lost it ... I do know what Bing is ... really :).