1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Michael Sharpe skewered by @JohntheJack on Twitter

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Indigophoton, Apr 9, 2018.

1. large donner

large donner Guest

Wow if hes blocking everyone that just leaves him Wessely to talk to, except Wessely has thrown him under the bus cos, "not me guv, I didn't do nuffin, I didn't see nuffin, I weren't there guv".

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    Invisible Woman, Jan, JaimeS and 12 others like this.
  2. Adrian

Adrian Administrator Staff Member

If someone blocks you then if you log out of twitter you can see their tweets or use incognito mode in the browser.

Invisible Woman, Jan, JaimeS and 12 others like this.
  3. Lucibee

Lucibee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Shhhhhh!

4. Adrian

Adrian Administrator Staff Member

They were collected from various social media sources so there is no way to verify them. I suspect the original purpose was to counter claims from QMUL that if a patient was identified they would be attacked and killed by a mob of angry patients. Since no one we attacked on social media

5. JohnTheJack

JohnTheJack Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, member of the blocked by Michael team. Seems his Twitter charm offensive may be over. Details viewable in another browser or in stealth mode, of course.

Attached Files:

6. Indigophoton

Indigophoton Senior Member (Voting Rights)

He's taken his bat and ball home...

MEMarge, Invisible Woman, Jan and 6 others like this.
  7. Cheshire

Cheshire Moderator Staff Member

Invisible Woman, Jan, JaimeS and 11 others like this.
  8. large donner

large donner Guest

No we are just asking clear questions, you are feeling dizzy after 10 years of spin and finally major players have woken up to you, maybe you should spin round the other way so you don't fall over.

9. Sarah

Sarah Senior Member (Voting Rights)

A cursory Googling only turns up Alem's main response and this blog post by Clark Ellis which links the Google page @Adam pwme posted:

https://autodidactauthor.wordpress.com/2016/08/29/pace-and-the-interests-of-trial-participants/

"One document submitted by Alem Matthees as part of the evidence to the tribunal was a document collating the publicly available comments from PACE trial participants who had voluntarily come forward to express their views in public. A copy can be found here. It was submitted to dispute the claims of QMUL that patient participants were in danger of being harassed, and shows that in all cases where patient participants have come forward they have not been harassed, but rather have been praised, thanked and supported. This is no surprise, as we are all patients and we all just want to get better."

10. Nathalie Wright

Nathalie Wright Established Member (Voting Rights)

‘Kind regards’ ey. The pretence of respect, dressings of politeness - how insidious. :(

11. Liv aka Mrs Sowester

Liv aka Mrs Sowester Senior Member (Voting Rights)

12. Nathalie Wright

Nathalie Wright Established Member (Voting Rights)

Playing games??? Erm no these are our lives; the lives of millions round the world. Wow.

13. Lucibee

Lucibee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

14. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I just got blocked even though it's weeks since I replied to him.

15. Hoopoe

Hoopoe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Have you read the paper?

16. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member (Voting Rights)

17. Diluted-biscuit

Diluted-biscuit Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Life is too short to try and explain the way out of all his contradictions. It would take him years at this point.

18. TiredSam

TiredSam Committee Member

I am not a patient. You can call me a patient when it's safe for me to go near a doctor and tell them I've got ME, and they know what to do about it or at least manage to do no harm. I am not an activist, I have never been less active. "Activist" is just a label you made up. You are addressing nobody (and you know it because you've blocked all those you are purportedly addressing), just talking to yourself and posturing to your mates and a rapidly diminishing audience of others, as usual.

Sarah94, Simone, MEMarge and 19 others like this.
  19. JohnTheJack

JohnTheJack Moderator Staff Member

Invisible Woman, Jan, BurnA and 6 others like this.
  20. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think your gotcha maybe got to Prof. Michael Sharpe. I dearly wish doing right by PwME would also get to him, as he still could do if he really cared. We are not playing games, far from it, but MS's tweets show his own form of game playing, and how to not take seriously the lives of so many sick people.