1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

USA: JAX ME/CFS Center and Derya Unutmaz news

Discussion in 'News from organisations' started by Andy, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Indigophoton

Indigophoton Senior Member (Voting Rights)

https://jaxmecfs.com/2018/06/27/me-cfs-physician-spotlight-morris-papernik-m-d/

2. Indigophoton

Indigophoton Senior Member (Voting Rights)

3. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Needs a link

Indigophoton likes this.
  4. Luther Blissett

Luther Blissett Senior Member (Voting Rights)

5. Andy

Andy Committee Member

https://www.jax.org/news-and-insights/2019/march/interview-with-courtney-gunter-about-mecfs-outreach

6. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

Daisymay, Amw66, rvallee and 4 others like this.
  7. Binkie4

Binkie4 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

About 30 mins long.

Really good discussion. Wise. Seems to summarise the history of ME. Felt quite emotional but that may have been me today.

ukxmrv and Hutan like this.
  8. wingate

wingate Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Interesting discussion with Dr. Gurwitt.

I've enjoyed watching the two videos with Ron Tompkins interviewing patients (this one and the one with Rivka). His empathy towards ME/CFS patients is very touching.

rvallee, Binkie4, Hutan and 1 other person like this.
  9. Andy

Andy Committee Member

"We previously posted that the JAX ME/CFS CRC project was temporarily put on hold during the beginning of 2020 due to COVID. In August of 2020, we started receiving samples again from subjects in our ME/CFS and healthy control cohorts, and our clinical partners at the Bateman Horne Center have now finished collecting samples from time points 1 and 2, and are working on the last set, the time point 3 samples. To date, we have over 450 blood and stool samples that have been collected across the 3 time points, and will likely have close to 500 samples once we’re done collecting time point 3. In early March 2021, we began our flow cytometry experiments on all of the blood samples we have received to look for differences in the immune cells between people with ME/CFS and healthy controls. We run all time points from the same subject in one experiment so that they can be easily compared to each other. We hope to run all the blood samples through flow cytometry in the next year or so, and analyze all of the data so that we can see the functional differences between healthy controls and people with ME/CFS.

Another exciting development at our Center is that we have very recently received NIH and Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval to begin an additional collaboration with the Bateman Horne Center to collect samples from a new cohort of patients who previously had COVID-19, and have since been experiencing ME/CFS-like symptoms, or “long-COVID.”
    ....."

https://jaxmecfs.com/2021/04/27/an-update-from-the-jax-me-cfs-center/

10. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Wilhelmina Jenkins and ukxmrv like this.