1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Michael Sharpe skewered by @JohntheJack on Twitter

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Indigophoton, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Robert 1973

Robert 1973 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

2. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Has anyone sent him the Trial by error blogs?

MEMarge and alktipping like this.
  3. Hoopoe

Hoopoe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Tuller himself.

4. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Cool, missed that :)

MEMarge and alktipping like this.
  5. Rick Sanchez

Rick Sanchez Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Simon Wessely doing what he does best

[​IMG]

Anil and omar being social media savy as always :thumbup:

MEMarge, Simone, alktipping and 5 others like this.
  6. Cheshire

Cheshire Moderator Staff Member

7. Skycloud

Skycloud Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I appreciate that Mike Godwin has expressed an interest in finding out more. If he's serious that's a significant time commitment.

MEMarge, Simone, alktipping and 8 others like this.
  8. Joh

Joh Senior Member (Voting Rights)

9. large donner

large donner Guest

"No consensus about aetiology", yet healthcare policy is based purely on the subjective unblinded rantings of a few powerful industry psychiatrists who advise the DWP and private insurance industry and claim that the cause is false illness beliefs that can be cured by CBT and GET even though they have to falsify, change protocols and recovery definitions and spin every study they have done for three decades.

If there's no consensus there should be no recommneded treatments.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  10. Allele

Allele Senior Member (Voting Rights)

There's no consensus bc BPS cabal have monopolized the narrative for thirty years, and through bad PR/fake news discouraged legit researchers from researching it (until now.)

And as Donner said,
    And most certainly no harrassment/legal action/kidnapping of families struggling with this disease. <--Right there is proof that MS's "Wasn't there"/ "not aware of how shaped policy"/"just a trial" angle is a criminally negligent (at best) PoV.

11. Arnie Pye

Arnie Pye Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Slightly off-topic, but I don't understand twitter. I see people posting tweets between SW and Godwin, Anil van der zee and Godwin, and other snippets. But I look at SW's twitter page and I can't find the thread of tweets and replies, ditto with Godwin's page, and also Anil's twitter, and I can't find where these twitter exchanges are actually going on! Can someone help?

12. Nathalie Wright

Nathalie Wright Established Member (Voting Rights)

You probably need to look on ‘tweets and replies’ rather than their main profile

MEMarge, alktipping, Woolie and 2 others like this.
  13. Arnie Pye

Ah - if that's the case then I have to sign up to twitter to read them. And I don't want to do that. But having said that, I have managed to read long threads on Twitter before. I don't know what the difference was on those occasions.

alktipping likes this.
  14. Daisymay

Daisymay Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Couldn't agree more, well said!

MEMarge, alktipping and Inara like this.
  15. Skycloud

I find that if I click on the main body of the tweet I'm taken to that tweet and others in it's immeadiate thread - try that?

alktipping, Woolie, Joh and 2 others like this.
  16. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm not at all sure I want M Godwin weighing in. He seems well versed in a general and possibly superficial way in these issues but it may be that his allegiance to the powerful Old Boys Network could prove problematic when it comes sown to making any kind of statement. In fact, he has not said anything but that he is interested in looking. He's a lawyer and for all we know having a look could mean parsing all the info for slander or libel and not at all what we think he's doing.

I just can't bring myself to trust the integrity of these British establishment members (a vague term I know) to give a fig about being transparently honest. They are masters at using language to dissemble and sound like they've said something when it's all bollocks.

OTOH, it would be interesting if SW inserted himself in the convo at this moment just to invite MG so that when MG comes up with some middle ground waffling SW can be seen as a real stand up guy. The timing is interesting. There have been signs, the 'mene mene tekel upharsin' that not so far in the future people will agitate for action through legal means.

Machinations. That's all I expect. I don't hold my breath for MG to be at all supportive of a community of people who have suffered greatly as a result of BPS treatments. But I've been wrong before.

17. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

18. Skycloud

It's interesting just how many 'chums' SW seems to have. I don't necessarily expect that MGodwin'll be supportive, but he's been given links that counter PACE on a public thread - they're there for anyone to read - and the more the information is out there the harder it becomes for anyone to naysay the facts. My 'being very realistic' best expectation is that he reads the material and is non-committal.

19. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

20. Arnie Pye

Yippee! That works! I was clicking on their names, and the result was uninformative to say the least. Thank you! :hug: :thumbup:

MEMarge, alktipping, Skycloud and 5 others like this.