1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Healthwise to "retire the GET/CBT topics" from medical content

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects and Campaigns' started by Webdog, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Webdog

Webdog Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Good news and bad news.

The good news: The orphaned Kaiser GET and CBT pages are gone and the links simply redirect to the top level ME/CFS page. That's really good news.

The bad news: GET and CBT still show up on searches with a short description, though when you click the links, those pages are gone (it's possible this may resolve on it's own as the search database may not have been updated yet).

More bad news: The 3rd page didn't get deleted.

So still some work to do. But definitely a big step in the right direction.

getcbtinsearch.png

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    MSEsperanza, Yessica, Amw66 and 21 others like this.
  2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Search engines like Google will tend to keep returning results for a while with deleted pages. That's just how their system works.

3. Webdog

Even local website search engines get updated periodically. So might just fix itself on the next search index. Assuming the pages were actually deleted.

I've asked Healthwise to respond to the search engine GET/CBT results as well as the remaining page which didn't get deleted.

andypants, MeSci, Trish and 3 others like this.
  4. Webdog

Also, some regional Kaiser Permanente websites still have very old Healthwise content that, of course, still mentions CBT/GET. Eventually these regional website will get updated with the currrent Healthwise content, but I have no time estimate on this. The issue is these regional websites are still on an older manual content management system.

For example: https://wa.kaiserpermanente.org/kbase/topic.jhtml?docId=hw32907#aa25939

MEMarge, shak8, Sly Saint and 7 others like this.
  5. adambeyoncelowe

adambeyoncelowe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Web owners can ask for cached pages to be deleted. That's the best option.

MEMarge, Pyrrhus, rvallee and 2 others like this.
  6. Webdog

True. But what if the offending pages actually still exist on the server and are being indexed, while http requests for the pages are being redirected? Then the pages might continue to show up on searches indefinitely.

I'm waiting to see what Healthwise says.

MEMarge, MeSci, andypants and 3 others like this.
  7. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Notwithstanding the way the web works leaving a couple of residual issues before the pages are off the map another good day for Webdog GET/CBT removal project inc :trophy@:thumbup::thumbup:

MSEsperanza, MEMarge, shak8 and 13 others like this.
  8. Webdog

Since the search didn't automatically update, this is what needs to happen.

Healthwise will discuss directly with Kaiser Permanente to remove or suppress these GET/CBT search results. The issue is on Kaiser Permanente's end, as search results are not Healthwise content.

So it looks like I don't have to push this, just have to wait for Healthwise and Kaiser to fix it.

9. Webdog

Since I've posted a lot of partial updates, a quick current summary:

On the Kaiser Permanente main website:
    • The GET and CBT content was removed from the Healthwise ME/CFS module in Nov 2018.
    • Unfortunately, old orphaned (unlinked) GET/CBT pages were mistakenly left on the website and could still be found via searches, until deleted on Jan 8, 2019.
    • However, even today GET/CBT still shows up in searches with short descriptions (see screenshot below).
    • Note the search results do not link to actual GET/CBT pages, as these pages were deleted Jan 8.
    Other issues that still exist:
    • Some regional Kaiser Permanente websites (such as Washington) have not been updated in some time, and therefore still include GET/CBT. Getting the regional websites updated with current content is being worked on by Healthwise. This affects all Healthwise content, not just ME/CFS.
    • One old page referring to GET/CBT still exists on the main Kaiser Permanente website, but is nearly impossible to find unless you have the actual link. Edit: Healthwise has promised to delete this page in a future update.
    x5FZVxGS.jpg

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  10. Webdog

The search results have been fixed on the main Kaiser Permanente website.

A search of Kaiser Permanente's website for "ME/CFS" no longer returns any mention of GET or CBT.

As mentioned previously, some regional Kaiser Permanente websites (such as Washington) still have obsolete Healthwise content and are in the process of being updated.

nogetcbtsearch.png

11. Denise

Denise Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@Webdog- NICE work! Thank you very much!

Yessica, MEMarge, Sean and 11 others like this.