1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Action CIND Webinar: "Why Working out Doesn’t Work" by Workwell Foundation

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by ahimsa, Dec 19, 2019.

1. spinoza577

spinoza577 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think they don´t manage to grasp the nature of PEM.

It is rather a pattern of occurence (of symptoms), not a pattern of concrete symptoms.

The CCC may serve a confusion, as they give an alternative to PEM called PEF. "Malaise" obviously referres to symptoms felt in the body, whereas "Fatique" is obviously suggested to describe mental disabilities. This might be not too stupid, but key is obviously that these both areas of symptoms occur in an exaggerated manner and possibly delayed.

Looking at this I find it a bit bold to talk about anaerobic threshhold as an explanation. Better would be to ask in which place (in the body) these two areas are connected.

Ravn likes this.
  2. TiredSam

TiredSam Committee Member

Yep, when I'm symptomatic, anything to do with communication / language is the first thing to go, but I can still play chess or read. When that goes, I can still watch Southpark. If that goes, it's time to lie down and close my eyes.

MEMarge, Snow Leopard, Medfeb and 3 others like this.
  3. Medfeb

Medfeb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@TiredSam and @ahimsa - thanks for replying. This is really helpful.

MEMarge, Trish, ahimsa and 1 other person like this.
  4. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

@ahimsa. Yes physical exertion definitely drains my energy quickest , conversation especially in social groups is next possibly contributed to by sitting around a table or whatever for a few hours whereas forum reading/posting or writing emails are still possible even when I’m fairly low on energy. But that’s stuff I can do with my feet up so again orthostatic intolerance could be a factor.

MEMarge, Trish, Andy and 2 others like this.