USA: NIH National Institutes of Health news - next event 2 May 2024

Discussion in 'News from organisations' started by Andy, Jan 16, 2018.

1. FMMM1

FMMM1 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Kitty, Hutan, Sean and 2 others like this.
  2. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2023
    Kitty, Hutan, FMMM1 and 4 others like this.
  3. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Registration is available for the next webinar.

Less Studied Pathologies: ME/CFS Research Roadmap Working Group of Council Webinar 7 of 8 - Jan 5, https://roseliassociates.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_c0WYA2I6SRyV_nBGpSWWGw#/registration

Ilene Ruhoy MD PhD posted on Twitter
    "Register now for the January 5th NIH NINDS MECFS research webinar series. I’ll be discussing the state of research and what we need to know and do now on connective tissue disorders and cranial cervical instability."

Kitty, Hutan, ahimsa and 3 others like this.
  4. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Dr Ruhoy has cropped up in quite a few forum discussions mostly about linking structural probems in the neck with ME/CFS. She is a neurologist and works with Dr Kaufman I think. I'm surprised the NIH are giving her a platform in their ME/CFS series.

5. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Kitty, Hutan, ahimsa and 4 others like this.
  6. Dolphin

Kitty, SNT Gatchaman, Hutan and 5 others like this.
  7. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Lou B Lou, shak8, Kitty and 4 others like this.
  8. SNT Gatchaman

SNT Gatchaman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Has anyone worked out the Rose Li And Associates YouTube channel? This where the NIH ME/CFS webinars are posted but unless you have the direct link such as @Dolphin kindly posted above I can't see a listing of all the webinars.

Kitty and Dolphin like this.
  9. Andy

Andy Committee Member

10. SNT Gatchaman

SNT Gatchaman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thank you @Andy that helps!

Binkie4, shak8, Kitty and 2 others like this.
  11. Dx Revision Watch

Dx Revision Watch Senior Member (Voting Rights)

https://twitter.com/user/status/1742611463532052714

Tess Falor, Ph.D. | @RemissionBiome
    "Additional info from Beth: it's actually going to be a lot more than #MEspine! "Less Studied Pathologies in ME/CFS. Topics include connective tissue disorders; spinal conditions; MCAS; gastrointestinal conditions; neuroendocrinology; & reproductive health"

---------------------------------------

Tess Falor, Ph.D. | @RemissionBiome
    @tessfalor

This is going to be a great webinar! Huge to Beth for making this happen. Please register & attend. Let's show that the community wants research into #MEspine structural neurological conditions. #CCI #AAI #TetheredCord #IntracranialHypertension #CSFleaks Thanks in advance to
    @julierehmeyer
    @RuhoyMD
    & others for presenting.

------------------------------------

Julie Rehmeyer
    @julierehmeyer
    ·
    Jan 3
    Guys, this is what I'm speaking at Friday. Note that it's free, but you have to register at the link below. Beth Pollack, Ilene Ruhoy, Anne Maitland, Petra Klinge, Laura Pace, Emelia von Saltza, Roumiana Boneva, and Elizabeth Unger are all speaking. It's going to be great.

Lou B Lou likes this.
  12. Dx Revision Watch

Colette, EndME, Jacob Richter and 4 others like this.
  13. Dx Revision Watch

Julie Rehmeher has said on Twitter/X that the recording of this most recent meeting is expected to be posted in around 5 days (though unclear whether that is five working days).

14. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Here's a web page with all the previous recordings (embedded youtube links):

https://event.roseliassociates.com/me-cfs-research-roadmap/recordings/

I presume they will post future recordings in this same place.

Ash, alktipping, Binkie4 and 3 others like this.
  15. Dolphin

Ash, Starlight, ahimsa and 3 others like this.
  16. FMMM1

Thanks Wilhelmina - do you know if we can make suggestions re research NIH should fund (following these webinars)? E.g. the genomics/genetics talk had references to studies of families with multiple members affected - as a way to find rare alleles which cause disease in those individuals & potentially the pathology in a wider group. Can we suggest/promote ideas like that i.e. genetic studies of families with multiple members affected?
    @SimonMcGrath @JonathanEdwards

Last edited: Jan 24, 2024
    Binkie4, Amw66, Starlight and 3 others like this.
  17. Dolphin

18. FMMM1

Decided to post this on Twitter i.e. and tag NIH -
    @SimonMcGrath @Wilhelmina Jenkins
    "
    Replying to
    @LauraAPace
    @NIH
    @NIH_NINDS
    Genetic studies on families with more than 1 member affected by ME/CFS (preferably with at least 1 member severe) - looking for rare variants. This offers potential to identify cause in much wider group.
    @SnowyPanthera
    @sjmnotes
    @SabineHermisson

Hutan, Peter Trewhitt, shak8 and 2 others like this.
  19. Ravn

Ravn Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Has anyone watched Jiandi Wan's section (starts 2:28)?

I watched a bit mainly because the name was unfamiliar which made me curious. Turns out he presents quite a bit of unpublished data but I struggled to follow it though I gather red blood cell deformability is still or again on the agenda

According to Wikipedia the drugs mentioned in the slide below are a long-acting β 2 adrenergic receptor agonist used in asthma and COPD (Salmeterol) and a small molecule muscarinic acetylcholine receptor agonist (Xanomeline). I didn't catch why they were chosen

And I'm guessing(!) PO2 stands for partial pressure of oxygen, i.e. how much oxygen gas is dissolved in the blood

ETA: copied to this thread https://www.s4me.info/threads/impai...od-cells-from-me-cfs-wan-nih-talk-2024.37123/ for discussion of this specific presentation
    RBC velocity talk conclusion slide.JPG

Last edited: Feb 4, 2024
  20. Dolphin

News from NIH: NINDS is seeking feedback on ME/CFS Research Roadmap Priorities

NINDS is seeking your input on the ME/CFS Research Roadmap priorities. The goal is to collect broad feedback from the public on the research priorities being developed by the Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) Research Roadmap Working Group of Council that will result in a report presented to the National Advisory Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NANDS) Council in May 2024.

The public comment period is now open and is scheduled to close on March 8, 2024. We encourage stakeholders to review all of the priorities and comment on as few or as many as each individual or organization prefers.

Comments may include input on how the draft research priorities could be enhanced, new research questions that could be included, or challenges that the current research priorities may face.

Comments will be public so please do not include any personal and/or medical information.

To submit feedback, visit the IdeaScale website

To learn how to use the IdeaScale website, watch this instructional video

To learn more about the ME/CFS Research Roadmap and to view the research webinars, visit: https://www.ninds.nih.gov/about-nin...l/nandsc-mecfs-research-roadmap-working-group

If you have any questions regarding the Research Roadmap process or IdeaScale, email MECFSResearchRoadmap@ninds.nih.gov

Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
    FMMM1, Sean, Comet and 5 others like this.