USA: From Solve ME - Educate your Members of Congress about a "HOME" for IACCIs at NIH

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects and Campaigns' started by ahimsa, Apr 9, 2024.

1. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Solve ME has created an automated tool (meant for folks in the USA) that will contact your Member of Congress (email/phone/twitter) and ask them to support a new "home" for "Infection-Associated Chronic Conditions and Illnesses" (IACCIs).

Text part of the automated tool:
    There's another thread that discusses this general idea of creating a new NIH office:

https://www.s4me.info/threads/the-n...erican-association-of-scientists-2024.37668/\

I think it's better to debate the issue on that thread (should a new NIH office be created?) and leave this thread to discuss advocacy issues (e.g., does the tool work, are there better ways to achieve this goal).

But if I'm wrong I hope the moderators will move/merge threads as needed. :)

2. wigglethemouse

wigglethemouse Senior Member (Voting Rights)

After completing the tool it takes you to a page where you can tweet your reps/senators. The "link" where it should place a link to a document is broken. Instead the tweet that is prepared by the tool shows "((SHORT LINK))" in X/Twitter.

EDIT : I don't know what email was actually sent by the tool. Did it actually include the right link? Is the tool meant to be live yet?

3. wigglethemouse

I emailed details of the problem above to the email address I have for Emily.

JoClaire, ahimsa, Kitty and 1 other person like this.
  4. wigglethemouse

I'm happy to report that I received an email from Solve Executive and Advocacy Manager that the Tweet issue has been fixed after I reported it. That was very quick :).

The customer service team will also make sure the email sent out is populating names and links correctly - just as a precaution.

Trish, JoClaire, ahimsa and 2 others like this.
  5. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks for all the updates @wigglethemouse !

I got the email from Solve ME yesterday (from their mailing list). Maybe you were one of the first folks to test it out?

Trish, JoClaire and wigglethemouse like this.