1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

UK: Public survey to gather views and experiences for the National Strategy of Disabled People, closes 23rd April 2021

Discussion in 'General disability topics and advocacy' started by Andy, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/citizen-space-survey-national-strategy-for-disabled-people

AfME article on this, https://www.actionforme.org.uk/news/national-strategy-for-disabled-people-have-your-say/

Wonko, Levant, Peter Trewhitt and 3 others like this.
  2. Kitty

Kitty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I've just tried to do the online survey, but there's a problem with it at the moment. The form jumps from questions numbered in the 30s into the 40s, and it's obvious from the context that there's something missing (I was asked at Q43 to state the reason I have difficulty paying for living expenses, but there'd been no prior questions about money). I've reported it as a snag, and if I hear anything back, I'll post here.

Wonko, MeSci, Levant and 2 others like this.
  3. Kitty

Kitty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

So I've had a reply, and it seems there isn't a missing page of questions. It apparently just assumes that people who say they receive benefits have difficulty paying for daily expenses, and asks what the reasons are.

I decided to answer 'other' and enter text to say that the omission of more detailed questions misses the point, since those lucky enough to receive disability benefits may be able to cover basic daily expenses such as food and fuel, but face yawning gaps elsewhere.

4. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Reasons may include;

The DWP, ATOS, Capita, Maximus, any other agencies used to keep claimants at arms length, lying unqualified assessors, a system designed to reward that, coupled with very low rates of payments should anyone manage to successfully get through the system and actually get an award.

Throw in a few ministers who act as if they feel the country would be better off without anyone they don't approve of...and that disability should be discouraged with a hostile environment.

Dunno.

back of a beer mat stuff, haven't actually seen the form yet.

5. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Amw66, Kitty, Trish and 2 others like this.