1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

New official #MillionsMissing campaign video 2018

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects and Campaigns' started by Joh, May 7, 2018.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Inara likes this.
  2. Cinders66

Cinders66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

To be honest I think that's a bit of a cop out Russell. We have general awareness raising year after year , MM offers the chance for something new and direct.

"If #MissingMillions appears in any press then I will try and post it on our media"

MEA social media is constantly posting all manner of things such as toy dogs travelling, blankets made, blogs about work, but you will "try' to post something from MM after the event has happened , when the thousands of people you could have mobilised into action can't attend into making it a successful event.

I copied a post from millions missing about two days ago when I saw nothing happening on SM, the one with the flyer advertising all the cities involved and put on your wall. You could easily have copied it over as you do other posts. The first year of #MM Andy was repeatedly posting and asking you to advertise it and you didn't. This is a massive global movement you've known about all year and you don't think that making a move to share it with your members is important? You have a journalist request on your page for national news that's not been answered because your members haven't been told. It's a massive opportunity lost To mr, MM was a big part of the unrest film etc that you've been promoting, your promotion of that has been good but why not join in the call for direct action. ? top staff at SMCI & OMF have committed? It seems MEA doesn't want to be part of it but it seems odd there's not been commication between the groups on this. AFME have hardly featured it either . AFME & MEA have combined reach of 30 000+ via Facebook.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    Andy and Binkie4 like this.
  3. Bill

Bill Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@JenB I'm sorry you were not well enough to be with us today in Santa Monica but was happy to hear you via the iPad.

I told Omar that after 34 years of living with ME/CFS, but in the main keeping it a secret lest it kill off my career in the television and film industry here in Los Angeles, that you and your film Unrest helped inspire me to step out of the shadows and to be open about my reality. That means a lot.

You've done so much to raise awareness and I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart!

I hope you feel better soon,

Bill

Hutan, MEMarge, Skycloud and 10 others like this.
  4. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member (Voting Rights)

That's wonderful!

Yessica, MEMarge, Skycloud and 3 others like this.
  5. Cinders66

Many of the unrest screenings have had fundraising for MEA as part of it too, so it's not without personal interest

petrichor likes this.
  6. JaimeS

Good-faith advocacy is in all our own personal best interest.

Joh, Chezboo, Yessica and 5 others like this.
  7. Bill

Bill Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm very grateful for the work of @JenB in creating and promoting Unrest (the latter being the harder part, from personal experience) and that she's used income from the film to help build an ongoing organization to work in the interests of those of us with ME/CFS.

Bill

Joh, JaimeS, Yessica and 5 others like this.
  8. Cinders66

Yes so am I, I'm not sure we are crossing wires

JaimeS, Yessica and Bill like this.
  9. JaimeS

Whew! Glad to hear. :)