#MillionsMissing 2018 UK

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects and Campaigns' started by Sly Saint, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I know there are already a couple of threads on #Millions Missing for the UK (ie London, Southampton) but as they are all likely to be on the same day (12th May) and the info largely the same thought a general one might be a good idea.

#MillionsMissingManchester

albert square, manchester
    12th may 2018 11am - 2pm

Keep in touch with the event at the #MillionsMissingManchester Facebook page

Binkie4, Andy, Inara and 8 others like this.
  2. MEMarge

MEMarge Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Binkie4, dangermouse, Andy and 3 others like this.
  3. chicaguapa

chicaguapa Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yes! Please do send us your tag messages. We've collected loads of shoes and will put them out with or without tags, but it'll much better if they have a tag on. So just send us a message with your name, how long you've had ME and what you're missing out on. You can include your age or any other info if you want. Through the message function on here will be fine.

We're also displaying stories just like this. 13308674_10156967534795243_9115060347443155450_o.jpg

So we'd encourage people to send us these too. We have a volunteer who will put them together if you just want to send a photo and something to write about, she'll format it all and print it off.

We're also going to speak to Winchester Library about putting these all on display in their gallery for a short while after 12 May.

Binkie4, dangermouse, Andy and 5 others like this.
  4. Sly Saint

eta: not exactly #millionsmissing but ME awareness

upload_2018-4-21_11-44-21.jpeg

Date and Time
    Sat 12 May 2018

10:00 – 12:00 BST

Portsmouth Central Library

Guildhall Square

Portsmouth

PO1 2DX
    Thank you Lily and Lime for allowing us to hold a coffee morning in their cafe in the Central Library in Portsmouth and to the Rotary Social Innovation group for helping us to organise the event.

Come along, have a coffee and a chat with Sally from ME Foggy Dog, and learn stuff.

250,000 people in the UK and 17 million people worldwide have
    Myalgic Encephalomyeliis (M.E) but not many people understand the true nature of the illness. M.E is a lot more than just tiredness.

Don't forget to 'Go Blue'! (wear blue clothing, dye your hair blue, etc).

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/may-12-international-me-awareness-day-tickets-45377442151?aff=es2

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  5. Sly Saint

upload_2018-4-26_12-0-14.jpeg

We hope you can join us – in person, on social media, or by sending shoes we can lay out on your behalf (or just a label, we can provide the shoes) to: #MillionsMissing, 29 Caernarvon Road, Keynsham, BS31 2NY.

We would also like to share your ME story. Please email your experience of living with or caring for someone with ME, along with a photo, on an A4 size Word document to millionsmissingbristol@gmail.com. Your story can include your name and location, or be anonymous. We will display your stories on May 12th for the public to read.

Andy, Inara and Invisible Woman like this.
  6. Sly Saint

#MillionsMissing Visibility Action: Liverpool, UK

Starts on

Saturday, 12 May 2018 at 11:30 AM
    Ends on
    Saturday, 12 May 2018 at 2:00 PM

Liverpool City Centre / Church Street near Primark . St George’s Hall or The steps outside John Lewis .
    Top of Church St
    Liverpool, United Kingdom, L1 3HD
    United Kingdom

On May 12th, we will gather at noon,
    Afterwards we will post pictures of this Visibility Action on social media along with others from around the world to inundate social media and demonstrate that the mass collective action for ME health equality!

We will be doing a second day of action at St George’s Hall , we will lay out shoes ,banners and as many of you as we possibly can.
    As the location is so iconic, this will be the perfect day of follow up action for journalists and bloggers to talk about . Date is yet to be confirmed but we are already collecting shoes for the day .

Should you wish to send shoes for Millions Missing Liverpool my address is
    Alisha Whittam
    12 Fern Close
    Richmond park
    Liverpool
    L32 1BH
    My contact number is 07903 564 358

If you would like us to fill a luggage tag out with your details but you can’t get a pair of shoes to me , just email me at alisha@alishawhittam.com and I will do all I can to accommodate this for you.

Andy, Binkie4, MEMarge and 2 others like this.
  7. Sly Saint

#MILLIONS MISSING BIRMINGHAM!
    Friday MAY 11th 2018 St Philip's Cathedral Square Birmingham 12 noon - 3pm
    Come and join us!
    *Messages for shoes (we have enough shoes!) may be sent to us now.
    Please send your message to ssbmesg@outlook.com

NOTE: Birmingham are doing it a day early!

Andy, Binkie4, MEMarge and 2 others like this.
  8. Forestvon

Forestvon Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Long interview w two ME sufferers starts about 25 mins in

Gloucester event Eastgate St, Sat 12 May, 12-3pm

JaimeS, Andy, Binkie4 and 1 other person like this.
  9. PeeWee

PeeWee Established Member

ahimsa, Andy, Sly Saint and 3 others like this.
  10. Gecko

Gecko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

#MillionsMissing Sheffield

10am-6pm Friday May 11th, outside Mark's and Spencer on Fargate, Sheffield.

12:30pm Speakers and Performances

Speakers include children's author Berlie Doherty reading words written by Merryn Crofts before she died, and a poem by a local sufferer. As well as other local sufferers explaining about this disease and our #MillionsMissing demands.

Shoes will be laid out of course. We also have posters, red bunting for people to sign their names on, and hopefully a lot of pwme and allies.

We have stilt walkers and a hoop artist making us more visible, and a folk band playing at about 1:10.

We've been making some life size cutouts of missing people (I'll add photos sometime) to create a bigger visual impact.

And we have a professional film maker coming so we can share and use this as we continue to campaign over the next year and more.

If you're in Sheffield or nearby and can join us that'd be great, otherwise I'm sure you'll seen us on social media.

MeSci, TiredSam, Trish and 5 others like this.