1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Do adolescents w/CFS/ME & co-morbid anxiety &/or depressive symptoms think differently to those who do not have co-morbid psychopathology?,2020,Loades

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic research - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Sly Saint, Oct 15, 2021.

1. ME/CFS Skeptic

ME/CFS Skeptic Senior Member (Voting Rights)

"The final model including both the negative cognitive errors and the unhelpful cognitive responses subscales together accounted for 52% of the variance in psychopathology symptom score."

52% is really a lot, perhaps the questionnaires are measuring the same things rather than explaining things?

Amw66, MEMarge and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  2. JemPD

JemPD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Some of those questions are absurd as a measure of depression/anxiety!

Feeling nervous before taking a test.... i never met anyone who didnt. I mean i know some people dont, but surely the majority of people, regardless of age, feel nervous before an exam/test. Pop by a driving test centre & you'll see people who are not anxious in normal daily life, shaking.

3. FMMM1

FMMM1 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yea if CBT & GET are not evidenced treatments for ME/CFS in adults (new guidelines) then how come these folks are being paid shed loads of money to "research", and presumably prepare care plans based on, these unevidenced treatments?
    Surely the least the public research bodies should do is require objective monitoring of funded trials, rather than continuing to fund "low" or "very low" quality research (research based on subjective outcome indicators) - the whole thing is just bizarre.

alktipping, Amw66, Sean and 1 other person like this.
  4. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

I’m going to say it. That questionnaire is Tripe.

JemPD, alktipping, EzzieD and 3 others like this.
  5. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

see my "see also" link in first post.

"found this in a pdf relating to 9th World Congress of Behavioural and Cognitive therapies (Berlin July 17-20 2019)."

I have no idea where they are up to on the FITNET-NHS trial as they are at least on version 7 of the protocol and appear to be using the data as they go along.
    The last update I read said the trial would continue until well into 2022 and publication would not be until 2023.

Amw66, MEMarge and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  6. chrisb

chrisb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

And that is just the examiners.

JemPD, MEMarge and Peter Trewhitt like this.