1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bath Fatigue Clinic - example of advice that harms child

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic news - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Joh, Jan 21, 2018.

1. It's M.E. Linda

It's M.E. Linda Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I suspect that would really cause problems with Mum's legal rights.
    But I understand your thinking. Missing Millions, indeed.

Perhaps Tymes Trust, Dr Speight would know? See Dr Myhill's complaint to GMC too.

We all (adults and children) need GP's with some old fashioned common sense.

Edit: Add Dr Myhill

2. MEMarge

MEMarge Senior Member (Voting Rights)

From the last few examples it seems they are picking on the even more vulnerable, eg single Mums, non English speakers for their threats.
    Some people have spoken privately with David Tuller and TYMES/DR Speight have helped c 200 cases.
    BUT parents are terrified of the consequences of speaking out due to repercussions.
    This seems to go on past childhood and the fear of your child being taken from the home. Older offspring can still have useful "services" withdrawn as a consequence and who knows what is included in your medical notes?

3. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It seems it is easier to propose Munchausen by proxy for females, this enables the sate to intervene.
    If anyone knows of MBP being mooted for fathers/ make relatives, feel free to correct me.

Having been back to PR to check Countrygirl' s posts it is apparent tbat i have picked the post up wrong - this is an ADDITIONAL child. The case highlighted pre Christmas awaits a decision. An information brochure, based on scientific research, with multiple contributers was collated on behalf of mum - we can only hope that it is read. Same area.

4. MEMarge

MEMarge Senior Member (Voting Rights)

We could always "do an EC" and put up a picture of a teenage girl, who is now significantly older and does not have ME.

Then we could say, actually this is not X, her parents are too terrified of the harrassment and further injuries she will sustain if her plight is made public.

5. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@Mike Godwin
    perhaps this thread is worth a perusal to demonstrate the effects of poor research spun as significant

6. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)