1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Videos by Prof Peter Rowe & Dr Nigel Speight: ME/CFS in children and young people - diagnosis, symptoms, controversies, management

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Trish, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    ahimsa, Andy, Barry and 16 others like this.
  2. Starlight

Starlight Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm so glad to see these videos here. It is so important to see 2 honest medical men of integrity and high calibre give an honest and well researched opinion on childhood ME which is such a devastating illness..Both have extensive experience in this area and this is obvious from their understanding, realism and compassion. I would have liked to see something along these lines in the updated guidelines by the CDC. One of them even mentions the need for home visits in some cases. These videos should be viewed by doctors everywhere and will be invaluable to parents who have a child ill with ME. I feel comforted to know they are available. Thanks for posting, Trish.

Andy, Barry, MSEsperanza and 10 others like this.
  3. Natalie

Natalie Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks. They are the preliminary videos for a larger project with short videos and links covering different aspects of ME/CFS - for which I have just recently been told my application for a Wellcome Public engagement fund award has been successful - working in collaboration with Josh, the CURE ME team and a range of ME/CFS doctors, researchers and patients. Sorry I didn't get round to posting the links here myself. It has been bit frantic lately.

KarenSW, obeat, ahimsa and 15 others like this.
  4. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Hi Natalie, Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing the great news about your project.

ladycatlover, Hutan, Andy and 10 others like this.
  5. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Likewise.

MEMarge, ladycatlover and Trish like this.