1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Using Communities of Practice Theory to Understand the Crisis of Identity in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME), 2021, Murray

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic research - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Andy, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Arvo

Arvo Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm currently looking into this (have been for a while now), and it's way worse than people know.

Thanks for reminding me of the Williams documents, they will be useful in showing how Wessely and White wrote about it in times beyond my research timeframe.

alktipping, Snowdrop, Wonko and 3 others like this.
  2. TiredSam

TiredSam Committee Member

I beg your pardon?
    I wasn't aware that my illness experience needed legitimation?

Woolly nonsense that happens to sound like it appreciates some important points and arrives at a few conclusions I may agree with is still woolly nonsense and bugger all use to me. If this subject is to be covered I would prefer it to be by someone competent who can be bothered to know what they are talking about.

Missense, EzzieD, Wonko and 7 others like this.
  3. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

I feel the need to repeat my usual point about papers lacking in clarity because they are written in this type of “academic” language.

Often they seem thin on content and i suspect the language is used to cover over that. Many of the papers we see here would qualify for Pseuds Corner in Private Eye.

alktipping, rvallee, Missense and 7 others like this.