1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

United Kingdom: Petition: Set up a national harms reporting scheme for non-pharmacological treatments

Discussion in 'Petitions' started by Lucibee, Nov 19, 2021.

1. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Signed.

agree @Lucibee the 2 petitions are complementary

2. Andy

Andy Committee Member

3. Peter Trewhitt

Peter Trewhitt Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Trish likes this.
  4. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Without the same sort of organisation and engagement as there was for the recent German petition then they won't come close. One advantage that we have at the moment with this petition is that there is over 5 months left for it to run, so that support for it might still materialise.

5. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Yes from the experience I had trying to use social media to promote a local MillionsMissing event it takes a lot to get any traction and you have to get the word out through a range of people. I found it surprisingly difficult to achieve. ME social media seems to be rather a bubble.

6. Andy

Andy Committee Member

7. Andy

Andy Committee Member

NelliePledge, Ash, Dolphin and 4 others like this.
  8. Ash

Ash Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Could we perhaps formally if necessary ask ALL the charities to prioritise this?

And then probably possibility of getting LC groups on FB (heard they are massive) and Twitter where there are loads of health professionals with LC who now don’t appreciate the poor offer.

And also Mind not sure what other charities….

I think we urgently needed an organised collective effort.

Promoting petitions is actually very hard work and we will discourage and wear ourselves out if we try to do this haphazardly and on our individual behalf’s without a plan.

I think most people don’t know that this sort of thing isn’t already monitored if it’s publicly funded and that they would expect it to be. They would expect evidence.

So this is one area where we don’t actually have to change minds, not to get support for the petition, we only have to raise awareness ;)

Also if people expect monitoring for safety that undermines the MUS, FND, LC, FM and ME protocols along with many others. All of us could expect better and meanwhile escape harms. It would be a huge win for all of us.

livinglighter, obeat, Lilas and 3 others like this.