1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Social Services Can Threaten Families of Children with Chronic Fatigue

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by rvallee, May 2, 2019.

1. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

ladycatlover, meg22, ahimsa and 27 others like this.
  2. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

3. Hoopoe

Hoopoe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Credulous belief in psychogenic illness destroys lives. Society hasn't yet learned the lesson and thinks psychologies explanations and therapies cannot really harm. It's also a problem that the people promoting these psychogenic narratives seem to have little interest in whether their ideas are true or not.

4. chrisb

chrisb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Whatever happened to the principle that the welfare of the child was the paramount consideration. Forty years ago it used to be in the Children's Act 1969, but will have been replaced by now.

5. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

hmm, and who consistently backed up the claims of 'effective treatments' and helped promote them(?)

6. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Right there with "first, do no harm". It's in the suggestions box. It's still unopened. Some day, perhaps.

7. Sean

Sean Moderator Staff Member

They just get slicker at selling it and hiding the consequences.

That is what they really learn from this, instead of what they should learn, which is how to avoid making the same mistakes again.

Indeed, the fact that they keep making these 'mistakes' after brutally clear lessons from history, strongly suggests less than noble motives.

8. chrisb

chrisb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Either that or stupidity.

9. alktipping

alktipping Senior Member (Voting Rights)

not stupidity wilful ignorance in order to follow their masters will which of course is cow towing to politically motivated ideology . it is much easier to tear down our nhs and benefits system if every illness is blamed on the thoughts an beliefs of the sick .

ladycatlover, MEMarge, Andy and 3 others like this.
  10. Tilly

Tilly Senior Member (Voting Rights)

There is a program going out this morning on radio 5 live here is the link https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00050jw

Sorry on the short notice and not been on here much but have been a bit busy. I have done another interview with Steve Troop that will come out sometime next week.

On gathering information I found this and was concerned as GOSH have a bad reputation on their treatment of children and I havent got time to look at this at the moment. Could someone look into this ? As this might influence NICE https://journals.lww.com/co-pediatr...IXM3vXT_LTP6H5HUC4n1fHOYm-Ez19B_i21w-XDMCduN8

upload_2019-5-5_9-49-10.png

11. Andy

Andy Committee Member

TiredSam, ladycatlover, Amw66 and 4 others like this.