1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Recruiting Adolescents With [CFS/ME] to Internet-Delivered Therapy: Internal Pilot Within a Randomized Controlled Trial, 2020, Knoop, Crawley et al

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic research - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Andy, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I've wondered about this before. The sums of money put forward are rarely nice neat figures.

eg FITNET-NHS
    Award:
    £1,026,403.00
    https://www.fundingawards.nihr.ac.uk/award/14/192/109

so presumably somewhere there must be a breakdown of the estimated/actual costs ?
    eta: has anyone ever done an FOI to ask for the breakdown of costs?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  2. MEMarge

MEMarge Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Does anyone have the time, capability and energy to work out how much EC, Trudy C and other offenders have wasted on BPS in the last 10 or 20 years.

It could be very useful info, when people from the PSP steering group approach NIHR to discuss research priorities. The flaws in the studies and PhDs have been clearly shown on here.

alktipping, Sean, Snowdrop and 5 others like this.
  3. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Interesting idea MEM it could be a simple table showing the title of the study, the names of researchers, the start & finish dates, reported funding amounts and name of funding body, any papers published

alktipping, MEMarge, Sean and 2 others like this.