1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Prevalence and Treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME and Co-morbid Severe Health Anxiety, 2019, Daniels et al

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic research - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Dolphin, Nov 26, 2019.

1. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The entire system of so-called evidence-based medicine must be dismantled. It has proven to be a vehicle for blatant quackery, that it has effectively no quality control. Nothing that this system produces can be trusted, the whole process is open to corruption and pseudoscience.

[​IMG]

Amw66, MEMarge, Mithriel and 3 others like this.
  2. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

Posts on Michael Sharpe's chapter on Chronic Fatigue have been moved to a new thread here

3. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Trial by Error by David Tuller: Nudge for BMJ About Music Therapy; Letter to "Health Anxiety" Expert

I have written two more letters and have posted them below.

The first letter is a nudge to BMJ’s research integrity department, which missed a deadline this week for providing me with an update on the status of that music therapy study from Norway. You know, the one that started off as a fully powered trial but failed on multiple metrics and ended up being published as a feasibility study seeking data to support the need for a fully powered trial, as I recently documented. I sent the letter this morning.

The second letter, sent yesterday, is to the lead investigator of the study on “health anxiety” and CFS/ME that I critiqued earlier this week. Like the PACE authors and so many other CBT proponents, she appears to interpret equivocal findings in ways that suit her narrative but strain or even violate common sense. At my own academic institution, PACE has already been distributed in epidemiology seminars as an excellent case study of poor research; perhaps the health anxiety study or others from this cohort of investigators can be put to similarly good use.

(Link with the letters is also posted on the thread about Wyller's CBT/Music therapy study here)

rvallee, MEMarge, Sly Saint and 6 others like this.