1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

NICE ME/CFS Guideline stakeholder scoping workshop, Fri 25th May 2018

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Andy, Mar 16, 2018.

1. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I was at the table last time (in January) with the "thought field therapy foundation" representative. Apart from her original introduction I don't thinks she said another word.

alktipping, Hutan, Joh and 7 others like this.
  2. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

do you get expenses for going or something? maybe a professional meeting attender

3. ukxmrv

Their transport costs would have been covered. I gather that they are a "two man band" type husband and wife team. Maybe networking or to spread news about their work?

At least they weren't pushy

alktipping, Hutan, Joh and 5 others like this.
  4. NelliePledge

if they post about it on social media or put on their website theyre on a a NICE meeting gives an element of credibility to what theyre doing #cynicismalert might as well have whats his face from LP there as a stakeholder

5. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

It sounds like there really should be some better way of filtering who has a genuine reason to be at such a meeting. That person was taking a seat at a meeting that could have gone to another rep. from a genuine organisation with knowledge and experience relevant to ME.

6. NelliePledge

from the list assuming the NHS reps from Royal Free, Liverpool, Bath , Alder Hey, Oxford are from CFS clinics........

7. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Link to ME Research UK feedback in a Facebook post.

8. OverTheHills

OverTheHills Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I can't open this ( I can get to the MERUK page). Perhaps I am not Facebooky enough. Was it particularly interesting?

MEMarge and Invisible Woman like this.
  9. Invisible Woman

Invisible Woman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think the link @Andy posted was a link from the facebook page to the MERUK page, rather than to facebook.

MEMarge and OverTheHills like this.
  10. Andy

Andy Committee Member

The important bit is

alktipping, Hutan, Joh and 8 others like this.
  11. Andy

Andy Committee Member

12. OverTheHills

OverTheHills Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks for posting that @Andy that's good to know she made the useful suggestion of a Warning Notice now.

(@Invisible Woman I followed Andy's link to the MERUK page and then to the download of Sue waddles report, but for some reason although it would download, it wouldn't open for me on my tablet. Don't know why, frankly don't care much. Sorry I wasnt very clear previously, it's early here and the fog is dense with this one):asleep:o_O:thumbup:

13. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

But very useful if you can measure it in different " modes" - was this not one of the many issues in PACE?

alktipping likes this.
  14. Suffolkres

Suffolkres Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think we should seen the draft notes recorded by the 6 table note takers (Royal College lady in my case) BEFORE it is submitted for consideration by Chair and NICE to redraft guideline ahead of the consultation. Just in case anything was incorrectly recorded or misconstrued...

alktipping, mango, ukxmrv and 3 others like this.
  15. Suffolkres

Suffolkres Senior Member (Voting Rights)

That's because it "downloads" as a docx file- that's .docx for you- lack of compatibility in my experience.

16. adambeyoncelowe

adambeyoncelowe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yeah, .docx is a pain in the proverbial. Everyone should set their save options to .doc automatically. It makes files so much easier to open.

alktipping, Indigophoton, Joh and 2 others like this.
  17. adambeyoncelowe

adambeyoncelowe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Better still, of course, is PDF. It's supposed to be portable, by definition.

18. ukxmrv

It's a real pity that we couldn't have had a better summing up at the end to see if they included the salient points. Wasn't enough time to do justice to all the different topics raised though.

The draft Scope didn't bare any resemblance to the issues raised by my group in the first meeting. It does appear as if these stakeholder exercises are ignoring the patient and carer input or very selective hearing.

At my table there was push to explain the "wide umbrella" part of the Scope as coming from the 1st workshop as a consensus so there may either be willful blindness to the lack of agreement on this. The person claiming this also forgot that I was at their table during the first meeting....

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  19. NelliePledge

Sue Waddle mentions that she's been pressing NICE for a Warning Notice about GET is this a formal thing at NICE i tried searching for it but couldnt get anything useful - anyone got a link?

20. ukxmrv

Maybe it was through ForwardME or the APPG?

There has been talk around a card similar to the one to report drug side effects to be used for GET harms.

I heard this mooted at the APPG but a long time ago now.

ladycatlover and Invisible Woman like this.