1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

NHS video Pilates for CFS (not a recommendation)

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by arewenearlythereyet, Oct 4, 2018.

1. arewenearlythereyet

arewenearlythereyet Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Well that’s convenient isn’t it? I wonder what the clinicians will say?

Keep us posted and then I guess if it’s a bland response mire of us can write in?

2. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

I got another reply from the NHS today, I'm not quite sure why, perhaps this is the result after consultation with the in-house clinician. Anyway, I'd count this as a 'bland response' that could mean anything at all.

Dear XXX,
    We value all feedback from the public and thank you for taking the time to send yours.

We regularly review our content and will ensure that your feedback is taken into account when reviewing this video.

We may remake or reshape video content based on user feedback so your message will be instrumental to how we approach reviewing this video.

Thanks again,
    NHS.UK

More letters from others suggesting the video be withdrawn until it's remade wouldn't hurt I think.

3. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

this video is still there for CFS patients; it was supposed to have been reviewed in Aug 2021.

4. Hutan

I've submitted a complaint using the website's facility, noting the requirements set out in the NICE ME/CFS Guideline about any recommendations of exercise for people with ME/CFS.

5. Hutan

A win!! A tiny tiny win, but still. It's due to the NICE Guidelines @adambeyoncelowe @Keela Too @saranbonser

In the 'accept this solution' email, I have suggested that the NHS work with Physios for ME if they want to create content about exercise for people with ME/CFS. @PhysiosforME

cfsandmore, Grigor, J.G and 21 others like this.
  6. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Absolutely. If 'Instructor Live' have no idea about providing evidence-based advice they should not be used.

And its doesn't have an apostrophe.

At least the video is down.

7. Hutan

:rofl:
    Not only are the NHS website multimedia team giving unevidenced and harmful advice about medical conditions, they are bad at grammar. I wonder if the same person wrote the reply I received back in 2018:

Arnie Pye and Trish like this.
  8. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

MEMarge likes this.