1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

MEAction editorial: "Inside/outside activism: Why we must shout in the streets and sit at the table."

Discussion in 'General Advocacy Discussions' started by Andy, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

https://www.meaction.net/2019/10/03...st-shout-in-the-streets-and-sit-at-the-table/

2. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

And there's a solid comparison to make that the people who hijacked ME with their psychosomagic nonsense are to ME what HIV deniers are to AIDS. Their involvement is just as toxic and as devoid of attachment to reality. Main difference is the HIV deniers were kept out while the ME deniers hold a total monopoly and have successfully impaired progress for a whole generation, actually managing to make everything worse in the process, an impressive feat of mediocrity.

The main lesson learned from the AIDS crisis is that no lessons were learned from the AIDS crisis. Even accounting for what was learned from it but erasing specific knowledge of it, if it happened today it would roughly unfold the same way. Only technological progress would make it faster, everything else is just as lousy. Despite that, the AIDS crisis was handled far better than what ME was subjected to.

If only we could be healthy enough to do what ACT UP did, a fact as absurd as it's accurate.

Amw66, alktipping, Yessica and 5 others like this.