1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

ME/CFS Awareness - Arias journal

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Sly Saint, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

ME/CFS Awareness part 2 (note part 1 is also at the link below)
    "
    Our Story
    We were a normal everyday family, doing all the things that families do. It wasn’t until my daughter fell ill at twelve years old, that everything fell apart. It would start by her sleeping for two weeks at a time. It really worried me in the beginning, especially with the amount of time that she was sleeping, especially when she was never one for lie-ins. I had to wake her up throughout the day just to get food and drink into her, so she didn’t dehydrate or starve to death. As soon as she had eaten and had some drink, she would go straight back to sleep."

"It was now three years later from the initial mention of ME/CFS, that she was finally diagnosed as having it as well as Fibromyalgia and by then she suffered from both anxieties and panic attacks because of what the medical profession did to her. She is in constant pain throughout her body.

I researched the condition as much as I could so that I could learn about ME/CFS. Everything and anything I would read. That was when everything started to fall into place, all that she was going through suddenly made sense. Even today Doctors hardly know anything about it or don’t recognize the condition at all."

https://ariaswritingjournal.wordpress.com/

MEMarge, ScottTriGuy, MeSci and 6 others like this.