1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

How to support Unrest in the Oscar race

Discussion in 'Advocacy Action Alerts' started by Sasha, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Binkie4

Binkie4 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Unrest seems to be flying off the shelves.

We ordered a copy on Sunday to send to a family member but it hadn't been despatched by 11 this morning. Mr B emailed and they said they had only just finished despatching their weekend orders. They were "overwhelmed by the response it's received".

Well done @JenBrea

2. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It shouldn't be flying off the shelves - that's just reckless and irresponsible.

It should instead be resting, only leaving the shelf in a careful and measured manner when it feels up to it, proceeding slowly, in a carefully managed and controlled fashion to its destination, if it remembers it, and doesn't decide that somewhere much closer is nearly as good.

3. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Who's to say it's not beautifully calm, serene, leisurely flight, on gossamer wings, just soaring on the up-currents using negligible energy, other than to just look in wonder at all the millions of others doing exactly the same ... :D

4. Joh

Joh Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Esther12, Aroa, Valentijn and 3 others like this.
  5. Skycloud

Skycloud Senior Member (Voting Rights)

How about a few comments under newspaper articles about the oscar nominations to increase awareness of Unrest? i.e. to say it didn't make the nominations but still a good film worth seeing, and where. I've done the guardian.

6. Joh

Joh Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Little Bluestem and Trish like this.
  7. Skycloud

Skycloud Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I say I've done the guardian but my comment is now badly buried and not very noticeable. There are now more articles too. Still, just one person noticing and following the recommendation up is worth it.

Esther12 and Joh like this.