Follow-up actions from 21 June Westminster debate - thank the MPs, donate to UK #MEAction

Discussion in 'Advocacy Action Alerts' started by Sasha, Jun 22, 2018.

1. chrisb

chrisb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I wonder what the probability of the one reviewer who was out of line being known to us is.

EDIT would one not expect the chief executive to have ensured a fair and proper procedure, or have I missed something?

Barry and Trish like this.
  2. Graham

Graham Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I have finished my first and very rough draft of a letter to the minister. I don't want it to go out into public view yet as it needs a lot of polishing: any suggestions?

It's M.E. Linda and Forestvon like this.
  3. Forestvon

Forestvon Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Think these are just the ones who actually spoke.

NelliePledge likes this.
  4. Sasha

Sasha Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yes, it's the list of speakers.

5. Forestvon

Anyone know names of MPs who attended but didnt speak?

6. Sasha

Sasha Senior Member (Voting Rights)

They weren't listed in Hansard - sorry.

Forestvon likes this.
  7. Luther Blissett

Luther Blissett Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Would you consider making your views known to others?

Every MP has a constituency party/branch/whatever and opposition parties, who can be engaged in an attempt to get some movement in the right direction. It might also be worth your while to contact local councillors about the general situation. Letters published in local papers sometimes do the trick too.

Barry likes this.
  8. Graham

Graham Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Ours is the same. I am thinking of writing to thank Carol, and copy it to my MP, along with the letter to the minister. Then a group of us were thinking of making an appointment to see her. I doubt if it will do much good, but I'm sure the balance is tipping in our favour, so it's time for everyone to start putting on the pressure in whatever way they can.

9. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yep. Cannot remember which MP it was to now, a year or so back, but I sent a thank you letter to them for their good work, and copied my MP in on it.

In this case, it seemed to me just copying the transcription of Sir Edward Davey's speech and saying nothing else would say quite a lot, being as it was a very good speech, it was from the debate my MP should have attended, and it demolished the bullshit in my MP's standard letter to me. But I'm sure he has a hide like a rhinoceros.

Binkie4, Graham, Indigophoton and 3 others like this.
  10. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

yes @Graham unfortunately i think it is going to require people to do the face to face meetings to make a dent in the awareness of MPs who have not responded, or have given disinterested replies to letters, emails they've been sent about Unrest EDMs etc, and if there is a group of you all the better.
    I am thinking about how best to do my meeting with MP when I get it. I can suggest watching Voices from the Shadows but in order to make it about people in this constituency and therefore my MPs responsibility I was thinking of asking in the local ME support group if someone who has severe ME would be interested in taking part with me in the discussion through facetime/whatsapp or similar video calling. Or maybe I could ask if they can record a short video? something like that to make it more about people with severe ME not just me who can get out when needed.

11. Forestvon

Trouble is they dont see the severely affected who can't visit so showing them a (short) video of someone severely affected if you are able to visit could really help.