1. Read the 'News in Brief' post for w/c 16th Sept by clicking here, Guest.
    Dismiss Notice

Dr Myhill’s complaint to GMC about PACE authors. DEADLINE 25 MARCH

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Robert 1973, Jan 15, 2018.

1. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Senior Member (Voting Rights)

maybe your case presents issues they are struggling to find a way of not investigating?

Amw66, MEMarge and Inara like this.
  2. Sbag

Sbag Senior Member (Voting Rights)

lets hope so :), it was with relation to insurance companies and their "experts" quoting cbt and get when denying claims

3. It's M.E. Linda

It's M.E. Linda Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I had no written evidence to supply but was effectively “warned off” applying for medical retirement by the Occ Health Consultant (who temporarily took off her ‘working for my employer’ hat). She knew I needed to get the procedure completed as the Occ Health procedures were making my condition worse with the stress.
    She advised me that if I applied for retirement, aged 54, I would have to start these OH procedures all over again, but they would go on for years as no Consultant could categorically state that I would never be able to work again before my retirement age of 66. I knew that CBT/GET would also be used. We could have fought for it but I was also going through a very long ESA procedure as well and I couldn’t cope with more stress.
    I accepted dismissal on the grounds of medically certified absence and was awarded some compensation.

4. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Senior Member (Voting Rights)

leaving work due to ill health shouldnt be such a lottery @It's M.E. Linda Im sorry about that. I hadnt started engaging with benefits when I put in my ill health retirement claim but I know exactly what you mean about dealing with one process being enough to cope with. I didnt claim ESA until after my ill health retirement process was nearly finished because I couldnt cope with both. And I had gone through a CFS clinic group CFS managment programme already - luckily not full on GET in my area and I knew not to sign up to any exercise.

5. Sbag

Sbag Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I forgot to post update - I got the standard bog off letter

Indigophoton, Inara, Barry and 4 others like this.
  6. Skycloud

Skycloud Senior Member (Voting Rights)