1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

David Tuller Interview - A Peace of the Action Program - Radio Adelaide (Apr 15, 2018)

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Melanie, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Melanie

Melanie Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I still haven't listened to the last Tuller talk, where he was talking about using journalism to achieve progress in science, and people were saying that was really good too. I need to improve my time management to make use of all the goodies people are posting up.

3. Webdog

Webdog Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Great interview with Tuller. Wish the sound quality was a bit better.

4. oldtimer

oldtimer Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Another terrific discussion. A lot of information was put across about PACE, with some real life experiences to illustrate how serious the disease can be and also to highlight the genuine harm caused by the insidious reach of psychiatry. The last I had to do with Centrelink was a few years on a disability pension in the late 1990s. How much harder things have become since then!

(The sound was fine for me)

5. Melanie

Melanie Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It sounds like they are not funded well but put out great information. It was almost like the kind of setup someone would have in their basement and who knows, maybe it is.

6. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

I've been looking up Radio Adelaide (curious to know more because I grew up in Adelaide). Looks like a small community radio station with only a couple of staff, and with links to the University of Adelaide.

It was a terrific interview. I hope it had a good size audience.

MeSci, oldtimer, Hutan and 3 others like this.
  7. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Listening now, recording quality is low but its manageable

I was just thinking has anyone considered tweeting this to Clementine Ford, she is an Australian feminist commentator who may be interested in a disease whose patients are 80% female and has little research behind it and one where patients are treated badly by the national disability service. I don't know if she might be willing to retweet an endorsement of this or better yet The Feed clip which would lead to lots of exposure. It would be really great if she became interested enough to write an article about ME/CFS or David Tuller's Australia tour

MeSci, alktipping and oldtimer like this.
  8. oldtimer

oldtimer Senior Member (Voting Rights)

What are your thoughts on this @Penelope McMillan?

Would an approach to Clementine Ford, or someone like her, be best coming from an ME/CFS organisation?

MeSci likes this.
  9. dave30th

dave30th Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It wasn't a basement but it was a small dining room/living room space in a flat in an "intentional community" in Adelaide. Very low-key but professional.

10. Indigophoton

Indigophoton Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2020
  11. MeSci

MeSci Senior Member (Voting Rights)

12. Penelope McMillan

Penelope McMillan Established Member (Voting Rights)

Sorry I missed this last month - it's a great suggestion and I will follow it up through an org. Thank you!

Invisible Woman, andypants and Andy like this.