1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

David Tuller crowdfund: Trial By Error: Reporting on ME/CFS and Related Controversies

Discussion in 'Fundraising' started by Andy, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Forestvon

Forestvon Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Can anyone translate it into other languages on twitter to spread the word?

MSEsperanza, MEMarge, JoanneS and 3 others like this.
  2. andypants

andypants Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Day 1 and we're already at 10% :) I'm guessing many people (like me) will be donating in a week or so when it's April.

ETA: +30 minutes it's at 12%!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    MSEsperanza, JaneL, Chezboo and 11 others like this.
  3. dave30th

dave30th Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks everyone for your support! And for reassuring me not to feel bad about raising funds this way!

4. DokaGirl

DokaGirl Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I would like to echo @ScottTriGuy's words, and say you bring us hope.

I wish you all the best; thank you so very much.

MSEsperanza, WillowJ, JaneL and 14 others like this.
  5. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I will be donating when I have more than -£2.33 in my bank lol (next week)

6. Sunshine3

Sunshine3 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I've never met you David but you are a true hero and I feel so grateful to have you with us. You are our superman!!

MSEsperanza, JaneL, MEMarge and 14 others like this.
  7. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

No problem whatsoever. The very reason it has to be done this way is because what-should-be-the-normal channels for achieving good ME science are blocked, which is why your invaluable efforts are needed in the first place. It feels akin to trying to get a truck moving that is stuck in the mud. Greatly thanks to your endeavours, along with the very capable help of a good many others, more and more people are becoming aware of what it is going on, and coming over to lend their weight to getting it unstuck and on the road again. The foible in my analogy being that this particular truck seems to have been delivered into the mud from new. I'm hugely appreciative that you are going to hang in there with us for another year David, really am.

MSEsperanza, Simbindi, JaneL and 16 others like this.
  8. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Is there a kudo board for this? I like those, they make a great public record. Not everyone will be able to donate so at least they could show their support, write a few words about why this is important. I think it would be great if it was official from S4ME, or any other credible organisation that wants to promote it (MEAction?), rather than created by a single person.

Great way to show how absurd the whole "rogue academic" trope is, next time someone tries that stupid line and attempts to smear Tuller.

JaneL, Alvin, Inara and 7 others like this.
  9. April

April Established Member (Voting Rights)

Really delighted to contribute - thank you so much for all you have done for pwme.

MSEsperanza, JaneL, MEMarge and 14 others like this.
  10. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Spotted some donors with the Tuller surname, @dave30th if it's not coincidence and they do happen to be relations of yours please thank them from us for supporting your work. :)

MSEsperanza, WillowJ, JaneL and 21 others like this.
  11. dave30th

dave30th Senior Member (Voting Rights)

yes I do happen to know those people with that last name. I will let them know, thanks!

12. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

There seems to be a bug, all donors are showing as USA donors

Its probably not my business why you can only donate via PayPal but are there other options that could make this work, buying a prepaid credit card, getting someone else to donate and you reimburse them?

Wonko likes this.
  13. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I seem to remember this was the case last year as well, so it's not a bug, it's a feature.:nailbiting:

A lot of US websites don't accept that anywhere else in the world exists, it's just not an option that exists in the site designers mind.

A lot of US websites don't take paypal, they don't seem to like it, it's deliberate policy, I've asked a few places.

JaneL, MEMarge, EzzieD and 3 others like this.
  14. Alvin

It just means they have not fixed the bug or added the ability

15. wdb

wdb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

If you click on the international tab on the donor map it shows donors outside of the US

JaneL, rvallee, ladycatlover and 6 others like this.
  16. April

April Established Member (Voting Rights)

I didn't have to donate by Paypal.

MSEsperanza likes this.
  17. Alvin

You are correct, i tried it in another browser and it works correctly. It must be my ad blocker :emoji_face_palm:

adambeyoncelowe likes this.
  18. Starlight

Starlight Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This is money Im happy to give. Im so glad you are staying on board ,it would be one of my worst n ightmares if you decided not to continue this work. So thank you for raising the money whatever way possible. I like that it is this way . You give so much of yourself and your commitment has been so important for us We couldn't really pay for the work you are doing, that so many will get behind this willingly and enthusiastically is a testament to the esteem in which your work and all your efforts for us are held. I will put my first contribution in this weekend and I'll do the lotto too.

MSEsperanza, JaneL, MEMarge and 10 others like this.
  19. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Absolutely.

JaneL, MEMarge, rvallee and 2 others like this.
  20. Arnie Pye

Arnie Pye Senior Member (Voting Rights)

On the donor wall the map on the USA tab and the map and list of donors on the International tab only shows up in Chrome for me. In Firefox there is only a list of donors on the USA tab and no map, and the international tab won't even show up.

MSEsperanza, JaneL, MeSci and 4 others like this.