1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Congressman Jack Bergman becomes Champion for ME

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects and Campaigns' started by rvallee, Jun 14, 2019.

1. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

https://www.meaction.net/2019/06/14/congressman-jack-bergman-becomes-champion-for-me/

Always good to thank those fighting for us. They are rare and appreciation always leads to more advocacy.

2. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I sent this, in case it inspires anyone:

3. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I just emailed this ...

4. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I have emailed also -

Dear Congressman Bergen

I’m writing to thank you for your support for those with ME/CFS. As you will know this is a worldwide issue, and the US has taken a lead in its recent assessment of GET as being an ineffective treatment option for ME/CFS. Whilst we are not in the US, we hope that this decisive stance will be replicated elsewhere.

My daughter, now nearly 18, has had this illness since an episode of glandular fever aged 15. Once a straight A student with every option open to her, she now struggles to be out of bed for a few hours, or to read the books she once loved.

Life has been stolen from her, and unlike other conditions, her doctors have little knowledge of the condition: she has no treatment pathway, little medical support, and little understanding of her condition. Prognosis is better for teenagers and we hope that recovery/ improvement is possible for her.

She has no wish to be dependent on us, and yearns for the opportunity to achieve her hopes and dreams as any young person would.

We count ourselves fortunate as we have not been forced into inappropriate treatment, not had the threat of our child being removed ,nor been threatened with psychiatric treatment for a physical illness.

Hopefully, advocacy such as yours can help turn the tide on this devastating illness.

Many thanks for your support

5. DokaGirl

DokaGirl Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thank you @rvallee for posting this, and thank you to all who have written to Congressman Bergman.

As with MP, Carol Monaghan, and Senator Marky, pwME world-wide are expressing their thanks to Congressman Bergman.

I hope more politicians will join this group soon.

6. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

A reminder:
    Thanks for complying with the rule so the conversation is constructive.

7. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Just had a short but very encouraging reply:

8. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yes.
    I had the same reply today too

petrichor, rvallee and Barry like this.