Claire Fox (Fiona's sister)

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by Estherbot, Apr 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

All about cultivating influence and power I think.

EzzieD, Sean, alktipping and 4 others like this.
  2. Lou B Lou

Lou B Lou Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Looks like it's 'Free Speech' for Claire and Fiona but not for us.

EzzieD, Sean, JellyBabyKid and 3 others like this.
  3. Lou B Lou

Lou B Lou Senior Member (Voting Rights)

BBC Radio 4 18th March 2019 tweeted

https://twitter.com/user/status/1107565745771286528

The tweet:
    "It's important that science "isn't bent by campaigning" says
    @profmsharpe. He has stopped his research on chronic fatigue syndrome because of online abuse from campaigners #r4today"

Claire Fox replied:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1107681142570913794

The tweet response by Claire Fox:

"Brilliant interview with @profmsharpe this morning on @BBCr4today
    Depressing that it was due to the distortion and disruption of scientific research by a particular zealous cohort of intolerant, trolling campaigners (no doubt some of whom I am about to encounter)"

Such impartiality from 'science supporter' Claire Fox, such objectivity. Not. it's deeply shocking that both Fiona and Claire Fox have, for over 2 decades, engaged in very publicly smearing sick/disabled patients ME sufferers, in the service of the purveyors of the defunct ideology of biopsychosocial and their BPS research that has been discredited all over the world, not least by the US AHRQ (Agency for Health Research Quality), NAM, NIH, CDC, and UK NICE

EzzieD, Sean, JellyBabyKid and 2 others like this.
  4. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Neither Fiona Fox nor Claire Fox is a scientist. Fiona was a journalist before being appointed to lead the SMC, nobody knows why she was considered qualified. Claire was an English teacher before she turned to politics.
    They spout the nonsense their friends like the Wessely/Gerada duo tell them. They haven't a clue.

EzzieD, Sean, alktipping and 8 others like this.
  5. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Sadly ironic that they are the "trolling campaigners" in this tragic parody of scientific research.

EzzieD, Ash, Sean and 5 others like this.
  6. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

That list of signatories is a doozy. Can't believe it cites the "Twitter files" after the whole thing got discredited.

Signing your name to this is like a tag that says "I'm not a serious person". Basically most of the "intellectual" UK/US alt-right, some prominent COVID deniers and lots of other people who definitely engage in censorship, just the kind that is against people they disagree with.