1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Austria: WE&ME Foundation (formerly TEMPI-Stiftung, TEMPI-Foundation)

Discussion in 'News from organisations' started by InitialConditions, May 14, 2023.

1. InitialConditions

InitialConditions Senior Member (Voting Rights)

"Our foundation supports nationally and internationally recognized research projects, non-profit organizations to support those affected and charity projects to combat diseases such as myalgic encephalomyelitis / chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) and related diseases.

"We can build on a network of long-term collaborations and personal contacts with leading physicians and researchers in Austria and abroad.

"The focus is on the sustainable creation of synergies, mutual recognition and support and promotion of progress with regard to research into these diseases. The foundation is therefore open to further cooperation and projects, insofar as this promotes the purpose of the foundation."

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Tempi_Stiftung

2. InitialConditions

InitialConditions Senior Member (Voting Rights)

3. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Merged

Christoph Ströck, board member at TEMPI-Foundation, posted these tweets today:

1 - "I believe NOW is the time to lobby and advocate for higher research spending for #MECFS at Congress and NIH. To this end, I want to invest 100k USD - for anyone who comes up with a good idea on how to make the most of it, please reach out to Michael Ströck (@mstroeck on twitter) at TEMPI-Stiftung."

2 - "If we don't, as a community, come together, and surf the current small wave of more awareness and media coverage, we will go nowhere. #MECFS charities, big and small, need to unite and make this a common, maybe the prime goal of their advocacy work"

When someone asked about sending a direct message via twitter he said, "Please send an email to office@tempi-stiftung.at addressing Michael."

Screenshots:

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2023
  4. Kitty

Kitty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

5. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

We've changed the thread title to reflect the new name.

RedFox likes this.
  6. Andy

Andy Committee Member

ME/CFS Biobank Austria – Establishment of the First Austrian Biobank for ME/CFS Patient Samples

"The first Austrian ME/CFS Biobank has been under construction at the Medical University of Vienna since September 1, 2023, with support from an initial grant provided by the WE&ME Foundation. The primary goal of a biobank is to collect samples and patient data for scientific research in a standardized manner, following the same established protocols. In this particular case, the collection of samples is being coordinated with ME/CFS biobanks in the United Kingdom, Germany, and the Netherlands. The storage of samples and data will take place in dedicated facilities at the Medical University of Vienna."

https://www.weandmecfs.org/research...t-austrian-biobank-for-me-cfs-patient-samples

cfsandmore, ahimsa, Hutan and 3 others like this.
  7. Andy

Andy Committee Member

"We are happy to announce the recipients of the 2023 Johadamis ME/CFS € 100.000 Research Grant for the project "UNRAVELING ME/CFS":
    The Role of Hidden Viral Infections in Peripheral Blood and Gut-Specific Lymphatic Tissue in the Pathogenesis of ME/CFS (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) a Controlled, Cross-Sectional Study.
    The project, led by Dr. Max Augustin and Univ.-Prof. Dr. Alexander Zoufaly, involves collaboration with neurologist Dr. Michael Stingl and the 4th Medical Department of the Klinik Favoriten (headed by Univ.-Doz. Christoph Wenisch) as well as the Sigmund Freud Private University, to establish a biobank of professionally processed biomaterials (blood, intestinal mucosa biopsies) from ME/CFS patients and healthy control persons."

https://www.weandmecfs.org/research/johadamis-me-cfs-research-grant-2023

obeat, EndME, Amw66 and 5 others like this.
  8. Fizzlou

Fizzlou Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Hutan, ahimsa, NelliePledge and 2 others like this.