1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Australia and New Zealand - ME/CFS Medical Education - ThinkGP online program

Discussion in 'Training courses' started by Simone, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Simone

Simone Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Posts on this thread have been moved from different threads links added at the end of the posts

The GP education program was possible thanks to a grant from ME/CFS Australia. Emerge Australia worked with ThinkGP, an organisation that offers free, continuing professional education for GPs in Australia. The education programs are short (usually 1 hour) and come with CPD points for the relevant professional association. ThinkGP has something like 55,000 members and, of those, 45,000 are GPs. So our hope is that this program will be able to reach many GPs across the country.

As Heidi said, we’ve done a soft launch to see how it goes before we launch it to

the patient community. Already the response has been positive from GPs who have done the program.

It’s a very introductory program, but the hope is that we will be able to add to it with future modules.

post moved here from https://www.s4me.info/threads/chron...d-possibilities-2020-sandler-and-lloyd.14510/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2020
    JustME, Amw66, Hutan and 10 others like this.
  2. Medfeb

Medfeb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Snowdrop, pteropus, MEMarge and 5 others like this.
  3. RoseE

RoseE Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Latest from M.E. Awareness NZ...

*CME NEWS*: For Doctors and other medical professionals in New Zealand supporting patients with ME.

M.E. Awareness NZ in collaboration with the RNZCGP is excited to announce that an online training program centred on the latest understanding of the pathophysiology, diagnosis and management of ME has now been endorsed for NZ Doctors and other medical professionals.

This program was developed by ThinkGP in collaboration with Emerge Australia Inc and has been endorsed as part of the The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP) continuing medical education program (CME).

Direct link to free enrolment: www.thinkgp.com.au/education/mecfs
    ME/CFS is a complex, chronic, debilitating disease with systemic effects and is estimated to affect 20,000 New Zealanders. This module aims to educate GPs and others working in the primary care space about the evolving understanding of ME/CFS as an illness, and looks at some of the myths surrounding diagnosis and treatment.
    'The “Myalgic Encephalomyelitis /chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) Busting the myths” activity, has been endorsed by The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP) and has been approved for up to 1.5 CME credits for the General Practice Educational Programme (GPEP) and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) purposes.'​

The RNZCGP has highlighted this CME activity, and also the recent NZ Doctor article (8th April issue), in today's ePulse newsletter that is sent directly to more than 4,500 GPs, primary care workers, and other stakeholders each week. The activity will be advertised on the College website for the next six weeks as well.

Edit: Info about this CME has been added to the M.E. Awareness NZ website so that there is another way that doctors can find out about it..
    https://m.e.awareness.nz/thinkgp-busting-the-myths-and-redefining-mecfs

this post was moved from https://www.s4me.info/threads/news-from-new-zealand-and-the-pacific-islands.4230/page-22

4. RoseE

Just an update on this.
    The first module has been pulled offline while Module 2 is in development. I understand that the plan by Emerge Australia is to publish both Modules together in early November 2020.

Hutan, MEMarge, ukxmrv and 3 others like this.
  5. RoseE

The first module has been back up for about a month.
    And the new second module has just been published. https://www.thinkgp.com.au/education/mecfs-part-2

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021