1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Article by Paul Worthley

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by JohnTheJack, Jul 6, 2018.

1. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I love when charlatans use narratives to present their belief system, it shows how utterly clueless they are. Wessely did that a few times and everything he described is just laughably wrong (about me anyway). This actually manages to describe literally the exact opposite of who I am and, frankly, that's almost impressive.

If this kind of survival instinct, which was normal for most of our species' existence, did lead to psychogenic illness with profound disability, our entire species would have simply gone instinct before even getting around to banging rocks onto other rocks. It's a parody description of human nature. Rather we are extremely resilient and capable of overcoming incredible psychological suffering and still manage to prioritize our survival and that of our family.

Quacks. Quack quacks quacks, the whole lot of them. Every last one of them quacks describing the thoughts in their heads and firmly asserting they are describing reality, which is just about the very definition of being delusional. Quacks quacks quacks.

Squeezy, Sean, oldtimer and 3 others like this.