1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

“Potentially harmful and old-fashioned chronic fatigue treatments under review” ABC Australia article and TV program

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic news - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Simone, Jul 18, 2018.

1. MEMarge

MEMarge Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Regrding hope. I was asked if I had hope for my daughter (now 24). This question was from Bob (Courtney's) Mum in April, back at his sister's house in Twickenham after the Crematorium.
    I went because he was an important part of S4ME, a good friend of Grahams and worked hard as an advocate against PACE. Being one of the few who could make it I wanted to stress just how important he was to the ME community and how his support/research/ advocacy and humour/sense of fun were valued by so many

There were many people there. He and his partner had a great close group of friends who came in force from Brighton to the celebration of his life. The number of these, I think, surprised (positively) the family, as he had been ill for many years and deteriorated so severely.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    Inara, TiredSam, MeSci and 7 others like this.
  2. MEMarge

MEMarge Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I get the impression that friends who had not seen him for several months were more shocked than family, who had seen the sudden decline and weight loss and knew that life for several months had not included much enjoyment.

His partner and family are clear that his Barbaric treatment for assumed anorexia in a happy relationship was way out of order at least, and that steps need to be taken urgently to prevent this happening again.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    Inara, TiredSam, MeSci and 2 others like this.