1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

What is an engaging, informative, short, accurate description for ME/CFS?

Discussion in 'General Advocacy Discussions' started by RoseE, Dec 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. EzzieD

EzzieD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

LOL, love this!! :rofl: (I am, well was, before illness, a classic car enthusiast, so can relate!)

Yes, life-changing will most likely have not the desired effect. Life-destroying, more accurate.

This, 100%. The way I explain it to others is 'flu-like': "Imagine the worst flu you ever had, one that forced you to go to bed and stay there, feeling really rough and horrible and sick and weird all over. Now multiply it 1000 times. That's ME!" They usually at least sort of get the idea, and are equally usually shocked that it's not just 'tiredness' as the popular press and a certain group of UK psychiatrists and their chums would have one believe.

Ravn, RoseE, Mij and 1 other person like this.
  2. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I've tried various expressions, but they're all opened to interpretation. It's truly incredible how friends and family want to hear what they want to hear- that you're getting better.

Ravn, Snow Leopard, shak8 and 6 others like this.
  3. MeSci

MeSci Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yes - I get so tired of Xmas cards saying "hope you're well."

No I am bl**dy not!

Ravn, Snow Leopard, RoseE and 5 others like this.
  4. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

I was thinking that as I wrote it. It makes me feel ill all the time. I understand that's not true for everyone. Hmm.