1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Washington Post article: How the able-bodied can do better with disabled neighbors like me (author has ME)

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Wyva, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Wyva

Wyva Senior Member (Voting Rights)

By Litsa Dremousis

"As is true for many disabled Americans, my health-care costs resemble pipe bombs that keep blowing up my bank account, leaving it a pile of smoldering ash. As such, I can’t afford a house.

Like many disabled Americans, I live in a multiunit dwelling where the majority of my neighbors are able-bodied. While we share the same address, sometimes it feels like we live on different planets.

Maya Angelou once said, “Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.” All of us, including the disabled, of course, can do better in myriad ways. I offer my stories for the able-bodied who are interested in knowing how they can do better by their disabled neighbors."

Full article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...dd971a-8e6f-11eb-a730-1b4ed9656258_story.html