1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

UK: REGISTER AS A VULNERABLE PERSON TO GET CORONAVIRUS SUPPORT

Discussion in 'Epidemics (including Covid-19, not Long Covid)' started by hellytheelephant, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Invisible Woman

Invisible Woman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I don't know if this is the right place for this so please let me know if you want me to move it.

Yesterday evening I phoned an elderly neighbour to see if she needed shopping as IM was going today. She's fine but a bit lonely so I stayed on the phone for a bit - no hardship, beyond the ME limitations, she's a lovely person with a great sense of humour.

However, she told me her cleaner is getting her shopping. It's an informal arrangement and she usually just pays her in cash. As my neighbour can't go out, she's given this lady her bank card and pin number.

She's known this woman for years -far longer than she's known me, so it's not exactly my place to have an opinion or interfere. I am worried for her though.

I am sure there are lots of people in the same position. There are ways around and solutions, but all involve going online and setting things up. Easily done with the right support from trusted people, but it's simply beyond the comfort zone or ability of many of those who are the most vulnerable.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020