1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tuller / Trial By Error: The Crawley Chronicles, Resumed

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic news - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Cheshire, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I suspect she operates under the "principle" If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.
    Reality won't cooperate with their psychological nonsense so distort reality to fit the lies.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  2. Sean

Sean Moderator Staff Member

Amazing what a person will believe, or deny, when their status, reputation, power, and especially income depend on it.

3. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

When i came to read this reply i read the thread title as Trial By Terror, which is probably more accurate :emoji_face_palm:

Inara, ScottTriGuy, Allele and 9 others like this.
  4. guest001

guest001 Guest

What IS the matter with the human race? Shakes head.... :wtf:

5. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I know I digress, but somebody once enlightened me to the fact that some men have their lower ribs removed so they can bend double more easily ... leave it to you to guess why :sick: :muted:.

Luther Blissett and Inara like this.
  6. TiredSam

TiredSam Committee Member

I have two teenage sons who come home from school every day, go upstairs, lie down and fall asleep. Absolutely nothing to do with ME. My 15 year old only started doing this a couple of weeks ago. Now he's just like his big brother, who does it most days. Teenagers innit?

sea, Luther Blissett, Inara and 16 others like this.
  7. chrisb

chrisb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I sometimes wonder how many of the alleged cases of ME are merely particular presentations of the metamorphosis of the teenager.

8. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Now there's a book title for you :).

9. Binkie4

Binkie4 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

10. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think Charles still represents MEA on the CMRC but this may have been a smaller meeting. In fact it seems to have been so small that only Holgate and Crawley were there, bar some media people.

Hopefully Charles will log in here soon enough. He said he was having a rest from social media but I think he will be very pleased with the Biobank session yesterday.

11. MeSci

MeSci Senior Member (Voting Rights)

? But that's correct in the UK per my 1984 Concise Oxford. It's a 'c' in the US.

Luther Blissett likes this.
  12. TiredSam

Practise is a verb. Practice is a noun. I would advise that you take my advice on this.

13. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm not sure the spelling is what matters. I think the suggestion was that someone was practising as in practising the piano rather than practising medicine. Maybe not quite up to speed yet.

14. guest001

guest001 Guest

:ill:

Luther Blissett and Barry like this.
  15. guest001

guest001 Guest

Quite so!

16. TiredSam

She'd better close her medical practice then.

17. Inara

Inara Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I am more and more baffled why Miss Crawley is allowed to continue doing "research". It must be political reasons. There are so many flaws in her studies, it's so obviously bad I realize as I keep on getting information. I wonder if this might hold for most of psychology "research", and therefore nobody complains (apart from us activistis and bio-medical fake-scientists).

I am also still shocked that the Lightning Process was state funded. In fact, it's a scandal the more I think about it. How was that possible?!

18. Forestvon

Forestvon Senior Member (Voting Rights)

He certainly deserves a rest after gruelling rounds of Q and A at Unrest around the country!

19. Luther Blissett

Luther Blissett Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I can only speak from looking back as a teenager, but it would have been the worst time in my life to get some accurate data by asking me questions that involve self awareness, mood, fatigue, etc. It's almost like society already noticed this and gave the phenomenon a name.

I think that parental ratings would be much more accurate to see if there is any correlation with the trialists.

20. Adrian

Adrian Administrator Staff Member