1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Trial By Error: The Lightning Process Is “Effective”? Really?

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic news - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Andy, May 20, 2019.

1. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I am using Chrome on Windows 7 with Adblocker for Chrome and Adblocker Genesis Plus installed and I can read it without turning them off.

I didn't, but the text is visible with most ad area's on the page blanked out (ad break on the TV so was bored lol)

MEMarge and ladycatlover like this.
  2. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

A Reddit discussion about LP from today. A 17 year old boy describes what he was taught during an LP seminar in Oslo 3 years ago. He went together with his mother who seems to have had a lot of faith in the instructor.

Interesting that the instructor suggested he might be too young to understand the program, when he expressed scepticism. If young age is an issue, why was children enrolled in the SMILE trial?

Tia, Arnie Pye, EzzieD and 19 others like this.
  3. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It's worth having another closer read of the 'conditions' laid down by the ethics committee before the SMILE trial started (or at least it was supposed to be, although recruitment had apparently begun).
    Ethics committee finally approves controversial ‘SMILE’ pilot study into Lightning Process and children with ME/CFS
    https://www.meassociation.org.uk/20...to-lightning-process-and-children-with-mecfs/

4. Cheshire

Cheshire Moderator Staff Member

Trial By Error: The Lightning Process Strikes Again

Another piece from @dave30th

https://www.virology.ws/2020/08/27/trial-by-error-the-lightning-process-strikes-again/

5. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Excellent as usual. Thank you @dave30th.

6. Forbin

Forbin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think I've only seen bits and pieces of it, but there is a 1977 Burt Reynolds movie called "Semi Tough" which is largely a satire of the then en vogue "Human Potential Movement," including est (erhard seminars training).

According to wikipedia:
    The "Friedrich Bismark" character is presumably a caricature of est founder Werner Erhard.

MSEsperanza, Yessica, MEMarge and 2 others like this.
  7. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

8. dave30th

dave30th Senior Member (Voting Rights)