1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Transient Receptor Potential Ion Channels in the Etiology and Pathomechanism of CFS/ME, 2018, Marshall-Gradisnik et al

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by Andy, May 23, 2018.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Open access at http://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperInformation.aspx?PaperID=84678

2. hixxy

hixxy Senior Member (Voting Rights)

So basically just another rehash of previous research? I wonder when they're gonna publish something new after hoovering up every last cent of funding in Australia a couple of years ago.

andypants and adambeyoncelowe like this.
  3. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

It describes itself as a review of the possible roles of the stuff they talk about in ME.

I was hoping they might actually be presenting new data here to support their theories, but as @hixxy says, it presents hypotheses, not data.
    I don't have sufficient knowledge to say whether it contributes anything new.

I also notice it was published only a month after the journal received it, which suggests super quick peer review (if any). I thought papers took many months in the process normally. Maybe reviews like this get less scrutiny because they don't claim to have found anything new.

@Jonathan Edwards, can you help here. Does this say anything new or useful in your opinion?

andypants, merylg, Wonko and 3 others like this.