1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Why: The Historic ME/CFS Call To Arms": new book by Hillary J Johnson

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Dolphin, Apr 30, 2022.

1. chrisb

chrisb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

If, as you say, they kept quoting PACE it must be assumed that what they meant was CBT and GET as defined within the PACE protocols. If they meant something other than that they should have defined their terms, and stated the evidence upon which they relied. That could clearly not have been PACE if their definition was changed.

Medfeb, Mithriel, Lilas and 6 others like this.
  2. Charles B.

Charles B. Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Even if the audience is more favorably predisposed to left wing policies, contempt for ME/CFS is a longstanding point of bipartisan consensus. Again, I don’t see anyone listening in sprinting to the vanguard of ME advocacy. Nor do I see their views permeating any discussions on disease processes or treatment possibilities. Even if they did, they wouldn’t be any more pseudoscientific than some of the myriad theories surrounding ME over the years, and some of those aforementioned theories have been championed by folks involved with ME awareness/advocacy.

Just to be unequivocal on this, I don’t endorse any of the Kennedy positions in this space beyond his admission that patients in our community are routinely dismissed and excoriated by physicians. Hardly a heterodox stance.

Sean, Peter Trewhitt and duncan like this.
  3. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2023