1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

"The way of the tired person":life rules for the perpetually exhausted. Jo Walker, Jan 27 2020, The Guardian

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by ladycatlover, Jan 28, 2020.

1. adambeyoncelowe

adambeyoncelowe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I suspect that because she was doing so much, she probably felt awful all the time, so she felt she had to talk about it. Whereas, if she'd taken the time to stop occasionally, perhaps she'd feel not quite so awful all the time, and wouldn't have needed to go on about it.

Then again, some people are just self-obsessed.

2. Invisible Woman

Invisible Woman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

She probably did feel awful all the time. I wouldn't dispute that for a second. The thing is so did the rest of us. We all had to creep off and have naps every now and then when we felt we were going downhill. If you felt as bad as she claimed there's no way you could sit there chatting for hours. This wasn't a newbie, she'd been diagnosed as long as the rest of us.

Every symptom anyone had, she had as bad if not worse. Even knowing some people were really hard up, she'd be talking about how much she'd spent on something and then moan about how little she had because of having ME.

I don't think she could see there was a level of disability beyond her own. Combined with a tendency to self obsession as @adambeyoncelowe says.

Mij, oldtimer, alktipping and 2 others like this.