1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Grievance Studies

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by Daisybell, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senior Member (Voting Rights)

My deepest sympathy. :hug: :emoji_horse:

Hutan, Trish and TiredSam like this.
  2. Luther Blissett

Luther Blissett Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Cool. I didn't understand that only perspectives that have already been aired in the thread can be argued against. Won't do it again. I'm well aware that the dog paper was published. It's almost like I wasn't arguing that that was the serious scientific work I was talking about.

I'll go back to my interest in the British Journal of Psychiatry publishing in the 1950's studies of if the African brain is really the same as a lobotomized english patient. It's interesting, but also studying it is part of 'Grievence Studies', and should not be studied in Universities. Postcolonialism is a bad think.

Little Bluestem likes this.
  3. TiredSam

TiredSam Committee Member

4. Sisyphus

Sisyphus Senior Member (Voting Rights)

“I spend every Monday being confronted with this crap.”

Where are you in your place, I would be forced to cancel Mondays.

Trish, chrisb, TiredSam and 1 other person like this.
  5. Sisyphus

I don’t think they need any justification.

Pointing out that a full-time paid faculty positions and journals intertwined with them publish, in full seriousness, papers about the patriarchical rape culture of dog parks - among the dogs – requries no apology. Absorbing resources that should go to useful research or teaching actual knowledge for such twaddle is to theft Since much of tuition and college operating costs are paid for by public money, it’s theft from the public.

6. TiredSam

TiredSam Committee Member

Well I have now blasphemed openly so the atmosphere is decidedly frosty. I was half expecting to be purged, but they've just booked me again for the next semester. Must be less trouble than getting rid of me I suppose.

7. Sisyphus

Derrida and Foucault were quite the working salt of the earth types.

That is if you believe that the words work, salt, and earth have no fixed meaning.

Little Bluestem and TiredSam like this.