1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Biopolitics of CFS/ME

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by Daisymay, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It's a bit disappointing that CBT and GET sound like they have a good evidence base.

Inara and adambeyoncelowe like this.
  2. Dolphin

adambeyoncelowe likes this.
  3. Dolphin

Pinching was a frustrating character. Despite seeing the condition as mainly physical, I don't recall him criticising either individuals like Simon Wessely or Peter White or criticising their views and rhetoric. I got the impression he wanted patients to be fairly silent. That might be one approach if he was willing to give criticisms himself, but he was not. He has been retired a long time now and still hasn't spoken up.

Woolie, MEMarge, ukxmrv and 4 others like this.
  4. Sean

Sean Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, coz leaving it up to the pros like Prof Pinching has delivered so much progress for us.

:grumpy:

MEMarge, Woolie, ukxmrv and 6 others like this.
  5. ME/CFS Skeptic

ME/CFS Skeptic Senior Member (Voting Rights)

In its International Classification of Disease (ICD-10, 1996)10, the World Health Organisation (WHO) categorises ‘CFS’ under the heading of ‘Symptoms, Signs and Abnormal Clinical and Laboratory Findings, Not Elsewhere Classified (R00-R99)’.
    This is a rookie mistake. CFS is classified in the ICD-10 as the index of Code G93.3 http://apps.who.int/classifications/icd10/browse/2010/en#/G93.3

Dolphin and Sly Saint like this.
  6. Medfeb

Medfeb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Its all muddled. He's mixing up WHO's ICD-10 with the US specific ICD-10-CM in which CFS was put into the symptoms chapter. And the ICD-11 comment is wrong.

MEMarge and Inara like this.
  7. Dolphin

Andy likes this.