1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sweden: ME clinic and Masano Health digital rehab for ME/CFS

Discussion in 'Other clinics and doctors' started by mango, Sep 14, 2021.

1. mango

mango Senior Member (Voting Rights)

2. MittEremltage

MittEremltage Senior Member (Voting Rights)

oldtimer, Helene, sebaaa and 8 others like this.
  3. MittEremltage

Failure and breakdown. Yes, those are words used in the local newspaper Folkbladet today in a longer report about ME care in Västerbotten.

The journalist has had contact with ME sufferers who talk about staff with a lack of knowledge about ME, frivolous investigations, none or harmful treatment and a lack of home visits for the most seriously ill. The report also sheds light on the suspected corruption that led to a police investigation and the suspected ethics review offense that is being investigated by ÖNEP.

The region responds to the criticism primarily through operations manager Gabriella Eikelboom. In short, it can be summed up as her defending al of it and some things she says are remarkable.

The article:
    https://www.folkbladet.nu/2023-03-1...gen-upplevde-att-de-hade-valdigt-lite-kunskap

My analysis in a blogpost:
    https://mitteremitage-wordpress-com..._sl=sv&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=sv&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Lilas, Clementine, Helene and 10 others like this.
  4. mango

This is massive!! :jawdrop: So good to see this in a newspaper! What an absolute dumpster fire :mad:

They say in the article that the project probably won't continue, probably will be cancelled. I desperately hope so!

It has already caused so much harm, would be an absolute catastrophe if this "model" were to be rolled out all across the country... :nailbiting::eek::wtf:

Brilliant brillant work, @MittEremltage! Thank you, thank you, thank you, for everything :thumbup::hug:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
  5. MittEremltage

Thank you! ❤️ It is disgusting. Let’s hope ÖNEP ”sätter ner foten” heavily! Soon.

Andy, Clementine, Helene and 4 others like this.
  6. MittEremltage

oldtimer, Clementine, RedFox and 8 others like this.
  7. Clementine

Clementine Established Member (Voting Rights)

8. mango

Polisanmäld läkare anklagar regiondirektören för kränkning: ”Utsett mig som syndabock”
    https://www.folkbladet.nu/2023-07-0...-for-krankning-utsett-mig-som-syndabock-0e4e9
    Very long article, lots of details on some of the wrongs that have been committed. I think the best words to summarise it all would be "dumpster fire"...
    Good on the blogger for speaking truth to power! Be brave, and be gloriously, defiantly noncompliant, as Jennie Spotila once said :thumbup::balloons:

It reminds me of something Edward Snowden said in an interview a while back: "The reality is, resistance starts when enough people become uncomfortable". Thank you so much, @MittEremltage and team, for making people uncomfortable :thumbup:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2023
    Anna H, bobbler, alktipping and 7 others like this.
  9. mango

Do read the comments on Folkbladet Västerbotten's Facebook post. They bring up some really important points about what's missing in the article.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2023
  10. MittEremltage

The Ethics Review Appeals Board (Överklagandenämnden för etikprövning ÖNEP) decided to press charges against the Västerbotten ME project ”Tänk rätt från början”. They state that the project was research without ethical permission - not healthcare. The case will now be further investigated by police and prosecutor.

Link to ÖNEP:
    https://www.onep.se/media/3061/o-neps-beslut-t12-2022.pdf

A short summary on my blog (Google translated)
    https://mitteremitage-wordpress-com..._sl=sv&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=sv&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Kalliope, Amw66, Anna H and 9 others like this.
  11. mango

Anna H, Clementine and MittEremltage like this.
  12. MittEremltage

Anna H, Sean, Peter Trewhitt and 2 others like this.
  13. MittEremltage

14. MittEremltage

Good News! Today Läkartidningen reports that the police/prosecutor have opened an investigation for suspected crime against the ”law of ethics” (etikprövningslagen).

”In October, a project on digital ME rehabilitation in Region Västerbotten was prosecuted because it lacked an ethics review permit. Prosecutors have now decided to open a preliminary investigation. »I have decided to initiate a preliminary investigation as there is reasonable reason to assume that a crime has been committed,« states prosecutor Andreas Nyberg for Läkartidningen.”

Open article (Google translated):
    https://lakartidningen-se.translate..._sl=sv&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=sv&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Anna H, Sean, EzzieD and 8 others like this.
  15. mango

Finally! :thumbsup:

Sean, NelliePledge, Trish and 3 others like this.
  16. MittEremltage

17. mango