1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sweden: ME clinic and Masano Health digital rehab for ME/CFS

Discussion in 'Other clinics and doctors' started by mango, Sep 14, 2021.

1. MittEremltage

MittEremltage Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Esther12, alktipping, Trish and 4 others like this.
  2. MittEremltage

oldtimer, mango and alktipping like this.
  3. MittEremltage

bobbler, oldtimer, Sean and 2 others like this.
  4. mango

mango Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Very "interesting"..! :eyes::emoji_popcorn:

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much @MittEremltage :thumbup:

bobbler, Trish and MittEremltage like this.
  5. MittEremltage

Thank you! It’s a little bit scary though that media just follows region Västerbottens lead and writes what they sayes.

mango and Trish like this.
  6. MittEremltage

7. MittEremltage

A blog post about an article in a local newspaper in which Gabriella Eikelboom, manager of the ME-clinic speaks out about the auditor's office's ongoing review. She says, among other things, that she was not involved in the procurement at all, even though the procurement documents say something completely different. Media just tells what region Västerbotten tell them to say!

Google translated blog:
    https://mitteremitage-wordpress-com..._sl=sv&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=sv&_x_tr_pto=wapp

8. mango

bobbler and MittEremltage like this.
  9. MittEremltage

Another article in Läkartidningen (a magazine for doctors) about ME-clinic in Västerbotten:

Via Google translate:

”Now the audit office wants an answer to how the Geriatric Center handled questions about fraud in the procurement and purchase of services from the company in question and whether two employees at the ME reception reported and had side work approved by the operations manager.

In a letter to the operations manager, audit director Richard Norberg states, among other things, that one of the two employees was the CEO of the company in question and that both have been initiators and participants in developing the company's digital rehabilitation services. Representatives of the audit office tell Läkartidningen that no response has yet been received.

Läkartidningen has contacted the two employees mentioned in the letter and received a response from one of them. »It is correct that the audit is looking into this and I absolutely believe it is best to wait for their investigation«, she states in an email.

The appeal board for ethical review has not yet made a decision on whether the project should be considered clinical research, according to Jörgen Svidén, head of the agency's office.

»The region has been given the opportunity to give its view on the matter and they have requested an extended response time, until the end of November. A decision will therefore probably not be made until after the turn of the year,« he states in an email to Läkartidningen.”

Link:
    https://twitter.com/user/status/1593229983501410305

bobbler, RedFox, mango and 2 others like this.
  10. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Based on what we've seen elsewhere, I'd expect the official investigation to find, regardless of what happened, that there's no real problem here and that whatever reasons for concern there were came about largely due to misunderstandings or perhaps some minor failure to follow certain procedures.

Maybe Sweden is better than everywhere else?

11. mango

Most people are sticking their head in the sand here as well, just like everywhere else :grumpy:

bobbler, Andy, alktipping and 2 others like this.
  12. mango

13. MittEremltage

Chronicle in newspaper Altinget från journalist Agnes Arpi about the ME-clinic and the lack of critical questions from media.

Google translated:

"A lot of articles have been written on the topic during the autumn, most of them based on the region's own press releases.

How could it turn out like this? That question still lacks an answer.

Society's moths have been pushed into motion. ME patients have long been able to be treated in any way, but even they cannot be treated in any way. Now the bureaucracy has to do its thing and one can hope that it does not lead to the patients north of Stockholm once again being left without examination and treatment.

But there is a sour aftertaste.

I doubt that anything would have happened at all if it weren't for the ME patients themselves."

https://twitter.com/user/status/1599631652115738624

bobbler, Esther12, Kalliope and 4 others like this.
  14. mango

Brilliant! :thumbup: So so good to see how much credit she gives to @MittEremltage as well - really well deserved! :hug:

bobbler, Andy, Kalliope and 3 others like this.
  15. MittEremltage

bobbler, mango, Lilas and 3 others like this.
  16. mango

Disgusting :mad:

17. MittEremltage

bobbler, Kalliope, Esther12 and 5 others like this.
  18. mango

19. MittEremltage

bobbler, Amw66, Sean and 3 others like this.
  20. mango

"We ME sufferers have the same right to safe and good care, ethical and methodologically sound studies as everyone else. Criticism of research is part of the scientific process and scrutiny of care is part of a democratic society."