1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Solve ME/CFS Initiative: ME/CFS Advocacy Week and DC Lobby Day 2020

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects and Campaigns' started by Andy, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Moderator note:
    Post copied from thread on 2019 event here:
    https://www.s4me.info/threads/solve...-week-and-dc-lobby-day-2019.7806/#post-211298

2020 dates announced.

http://lobby20.solvecfs.org/

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2019
    Joh, Dolphin, petrichor and 1 other person like this.
  2. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

May every year of this be bigger than the last, until it is needed no more.

I got shit to do and stuff, as we do all. This sick thing is really not all it's cracked up to be, at least according to some weirdos' bizarre ideas about the "sickness role", whatever that is.

Andy likes this.
  3. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks for the new thread! I look forward to reading more about it as the time comes nearer.

I once met with an aide to my own local representative to tell my story and advocate for more ME research funding & awareness.

But that was here in Oregon, at her Beaverton office, not in Washington, DC. I am grateful to all those folks who can make the time and energy commitment to travel to DC. :heart:

Comet, Joh, rvallee and 4 others like this.
  4. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Join us for the EmPOWER M.E. summit in 2020!

As part of the Solve M.E. Advocacy Week activities this April in Washington, D.C., we’ll once again be hosting the EmPOWER M.E. Summit on Monday, April 20, from 9 am – 12:30 pm at our official event hotel, the Falls Church Marriott.

Board Certified Patient Advocate, Sharon Stevenson, DVM, PhD, will moderate our EmPOWER M.E. session “Navigating Public and Private Disability Insurance,” at which patients can ask medical and legal experts questions about both public and private disability processes.

We hope that you’ll join us either in-person or via livestream for EmPOWER M.E., which is free for patients, caregivers and other advocates.

A light breakfast will be provided at the event, and early Advocacy Day check-in will also be available.

Register to join us for Advocacy Week in D.C. now!

Below is the full schedule of events for ME/CFS Advocacy Week 2020:

[​IMG]
    For the most up-to-date information on Advocacy Week 2020, please click here.

Sign up to Livestream the EmPOWER M.E. from your computer or tablet at: http://go.solvecfs.org/e/192652/for...h=SidZmNDkU4KqQxQgDhECCnETTIGQ0kM9kbdjgXIMYi8

ahimsa, Dolphin, Joh and 1 other person like this.
  5. Andy

Andy Committee Member

From a Solve email.

Full Schedule of ME/CFS Advocacy Week Online Events and Actions now available
    This year our ME/CFS Advocacy Week will take place online from April 19 to April 26, 2020. Stay home, stay safe, and make your voice heard by phone, email or social media! This year, we are on track to have the biggest ME/CFS Advocacy Day yet, with over 300 participants registered so far!

Solve M.E. is pleased to announce the full online transition of your ME/CFS Advocacy Week schedule. Our team is working overtime to make sure you’ll have all the same tools and support for your meetings and actions from home as you would have in-person. Check out these expanded opportunities to make your voice heard, from the comfort of home!
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/16OCKI8qFc55iWxHbTM9qGHQmxa4USnqSYrIwsgooufw/edit

Haven’t registered yet? There’s still time! Make sure to complete your ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM by Friday April 10th. We are still looking for ME/CFS advocates to represent Alaska, Arkansas, Kentucky, Nebraska, and Wyoming.

2nd Annual EmPOWER M.E. Roundtable: Navigating Public and Private Disability Insurance with ME/CFS
    Sponsored by: Bateman-Horne Center and KANTOR & KANTOR, LLP

The EmPOWER M.E. education program strives to ensure that no family ever has to learn “the hard way” on their journey with M.E.

Join the 2nd Annual EmPOWER M.E. Roundtable on Monday, April 20th at 1pm ET for an online education workshop, “Navigating Public and Private Disability Insurance with ME/CFS.” Welcome back moderator Board Certified Patient Advocate, Sharon Stevenson, DVM, PhD leading our expert panel of legal and medical experts as they share their advice on applying, appealing, and documenting your case for Public and Private Disability Insurance with ME/CFS.

http://go.solvecfs.org/e/192652/for...h=-NqqHh00cNY6TAIdWJfgtH36zCDUCaH0IjlPo15uL9Q

ahimsa and Trish like this.