1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 11th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

SBS Insight: "I was in denial and ashamed by my CFS"

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Kalliope, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

From two days ago but I don't think it's been posted here yet:
    SBS Insight by Simon Del Favero: I was in denial and ashamed by my CFS

Looking to the future I am heartened by the rapidly accelerating research breakthroughs that are happening internationally. Since I was first diagnosed in 2011 there has been a ground swell of discoveries and while none of these have been translated into treatment, it is clear that the increasing global collaboration amongst scientists, researchers, and doctors provides real grounds for hope. I have suffered many disappointments over the years, thinking that a cure was at hand, but I have learnt to keep my focus on the horizon. Some of the world’s best minds are tackling ME/CFS with increasing recognition and resources. I believe that it is only a matter of time before researchers develop diagnostic tools and effective treatments.

(contains a description of meeting with prof. Montoya and Ron Davis. Also contains a short and a long clip about ME which I believe are from SBS's archive)