1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Researchers Report New Data On How Gut Bacteria and Lipid Metabolism May Influence Alzheimer’s, Other Brain Diseases

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by Andy, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Thought this was interesting, and that I could remember that lipids were of interest to us?
    https://www.alz.org/aaic/releases_2018/AAIC18-Tues-gut-liver-brain-axis.asp

2. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I only skimmed the article but it seems every time something comes in vogue its linked to everything big and the correlation hunting begins...
    I remember thinking about this a bit many years ago but filed it away and i think Dr Edwards said something to this effect in the enterovirus thread.

That said even a stopped clock is right twice a day, i'm sure it is linked to a few things but it won't be linked to many its tested against (or as mentioned its an effect not a cause). I suspect this to the be case in ME/CFS, the microbiome research is more likely to lead towards effect rather then cause (but if i am wrong about that then it could lead to treatment/cure so it should be investigated).

3. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senior Member (Voting Rights)

If 'bad' microbes are having a bad effect, eliminating them should at least get rid of that effect. That would be one less problem, even though you would till have ME.

4. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I agree but tinkering on the edges is small potatoes.
    As a slight aside i have been taking a new supplement that has made some small improvements, i was of course happy but compared to my condition a year ago its a very small victory and i continue to progress so the improvement will be wiped out in a few months at this rate:(

Little Bluestem likes this.