1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

RCPCH conference 2019 abstract: Tea and cake: an opportunity for young people and their parents/guardians to eat cake and share ideas, Bashton et al

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic research - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Trish, May 18, 2019.

1. large donner

large donner Guest

Dont know but ill swap you a Jaffa cake for a sausage roll.

NelliePledge, Wonko, Trish and 2 others like this.
  2. Suffolkres

Suffolkres Senior Member (Voting Rights)

In 1997? Eithne Leming ( a local LEA Officer) came across lots of children with ME and other chronic long term health needs so she set up a Special Child Course and so our Suffolk Support Group was formed;...
    Eithne was blessed with a special insight as one of her own children had a diagnosis of ME....

What Eithne did was not rocket science and her setting up this group flew in the face of the local NHS Community and Paediatric advice......

She also showed remarkable and canny intuition as she had the local ME Aware Educational Psychologist also attending to help and gain his own support as he had a wife with Very severe ME (Inpatient made worse under Queens and Findley).
    Steve was our safety protection and insurance against local nonsense....
    Now she could do the RCP Tender work blindfold and with earmuffs!!!

"She established a Parent Partnership Service in Suffolk that provided school improvement and parent support services as well as setting up PRU and Behavioural Support services. She has worked internationally as well as nationally and regularly speaks at Education Conferences.

In Suffolk, Eithne Leming believes that the real problem often lies with the way schools deal with parents. "Are schools committed to the area and to the community they serve?" she asks. Leming is Suffolk's parenting partnership officer, a role that involves building bridges between schools and parents.

"Too often parents are told what the policy is, rather than consulted about it," she says. She points out that Ofsted has stressed in numerous documents the importance of involving parents in the life of the school."

Last edited: May 20, 2019